The Student Room Group

Insecure about teeth

I have a gap between my two front teeth, people used to call me bugs bunny and it used to irritate me but now I'm past all of that and I'm thinking of getting Invisalign in a few years but I haven't really come here for sympathy because I'm happy with how my teeth looks like :smile: But is there anyone who also has a small gap in between their front teeth who can relate with me or for those who don't how do you guys feel about people with a gap in their front teeth

Scroll to see replies

I used to have a massive crush on a girl with a gap between her front teeth, so I guess I’ve always found it quite cute!

But if getting Invisalign would make you happier, don’t worry about the opinions of random people on TSR.
Reply 2
Original post by Desideri
I used to have a massive crush on a girl with a gap between her front teeth, so I guess I’ve always found it quite cute!

But if getting Invisalign would make you happier, don’t worry about the opinions of random people on TSR.

Thank you x
I mean, if you are thinking about Invisalign, can you really say you are happy with how your teeth look?

I can't say I have any strong feelings either way about people with a gap between their teeth. I suspect I wouldn't even notice!
Reply 4
Original post by black tea
I mean, if you are thinking about Invisalign, can you really say you are happy with how your teeth look?

I can't say I have any strong feelings either way about people with a gap between their teeth. I suspect I wouldn't even notice!

I am quite happy with how it looks but if I do get it closed it would deffo boosts my self-confidence more than it is at the current moment
I have quite a big gap with my two front teeth. I used to hate it, but eh now I'm older it doesn't bother me so much. I think I heard that even with treatment eventually the gap will come back, although I don't know if this is definitely true! Either way, treatment can be expensive, and if you can live with it why don't you spend the money on something nicer for yourself! I wouldn't worry, lots of people do actually have gaps between teeth, it's not a big deal
My girlfriend has a small gap between her front teeth and I honestly don't see anything wrong with it, she is still very, very beautiful. But if getting Invisalign will boost your self-confidence go for it!
Reply 7
Original post by Anonymous
I have quite a big gap with my two front teeth. I used to hate it, but eh now I'm older it doesn't bother me so much. I think I heard that even with treatment eventually the gap will come back, although I don't know if this is definitely true! Either way, treatment can be expensive, and if you can live with it why don't you spend the money on something nicer for yourself! I wouldn't worry, lots of people do actually have gaps between teeth, it's not a big deal

aha, thanks a lot!
Reply 8
Original post by ReviseSleeping
My girlfriend has a small gap between her front teeth and I honestly don't see anything wrong with it, she is still very, very beautiful. But if getting Invisalign will boost your self-confidence go for it!

Thank you!
I used to have the same problem ! Everyone used to say ‘mind the gap !’ When I smiled... it made me very upset. Then one day I decided to stop being a loser and went to the orthodontist to get it fixed !! Now I have no gap and there is a girl in my class who does have one and I call her bugs bunny , and shove carrots down her mouth. What goes around comes around !!
Original post by Batman2002
I used to have the same problem ! Everyone used to say ‘mind the gap !’ When I smiled... it made me very upset. Then one day I decided to stop being a loser and went to the orthodontist to get it fixed !! Now I have no gap and there is a girl in my class who does have one and I call her bugs bunny , and shove carrots down her mouth. What goes around comes around !!

You think your funny innit? When people use to say that to you it made you upset as you said, I'm pretty sure that girl who has a gap did not get rude to you about your teeth in any way so now that your gap is gone you bully people who were just like you when you had a gap. And you shove carrots down her mouth!? Your sick in the head
You think your funny innit? When people use to say that to you it made you upset as you said, I'm pretty sure that girl who has a gap did not get rude to you about your teeth in any way so now that your gap is gone you bully people who were just like you when you had a gap. And you shove carrots down her mouth!? Your sick in the head

I'm guessing you have a gap between your teeth then? Don't worry, NHS will sort you out for free if you are under 18 still mate.
Original post by Irving Fisher
I'm guessing you have a gap between your teeth then? Don't worry, NHS will sort you out for free if you are

Alright thank you!

How can comment on my situation without knowing it fully, how about you live in my shoes for a day and then see what decisions you would make. As a result of the bullying maybe she will also go to the orthodontist and finally look normal and get a normal looking boyfriend ? Did you ever consider I was doing a favour ???
Why do people jump straight to Invisalign as if it’s a one size fits all method, have you even discussed this with a dentist or are you just assuming it’s the best option for you?

Original post by Irving Fisher
I'm guessing you have a gap between your teeth then? Don't worry, NHS will sort you out for free if you are under 18 still mate.

Wrong, you need to meet certain orthodontic criteria to be eligible for ortho treatment under the NHS.
Original post by Batman2002
How can comment on my situation without knowing it fully, how about you live in my shoes for a day and then see what decisions you would make. As a result of the bullying maybe she will also go to the orthodontist and finally look normal and get a normal looking boyfriend ? Did you ever consider I was doing a favour ???

So your saying, Bullying someone about a gap in their teeth where you know how it feels like and shoving carrot in her mouth is doing her a favour?
Original post by Mesopotamian.
Why do people jump straight to Invisalign as if it’s a one size fits all method, have you even discussed this with a dentist or are you just assuming it’s the best option for you?

Wrong, you need to meet certain orthodontic criteria to be eligible for ortho treatment under the NHS.

I have actually visited a dentist two years ago and they suggested getting Invisalign would be more beneficial because since my teeth are already straight apart from the gap I have between my front teeth braces would push the rest of teeth together causing pain and a lot of harm
I have actually visited a dentist two years ago and they suggested getting Invisalign would be more beneficial because since my teeth are already straight apart from the gap I have between my front teeth braces would push the rest of teeth together causing pain and a lot of harm

That’s fine then, it’s good you’ve talked to your dentist about it. Apologies if I came across a bit brash, it’s frustrating when there’s a lot of misinformation floating about everywhere so it seemed like this was one of those situations.
That’s fine then, it’s good you’ve talked to your dentist about it. Apologies if I came across a bit brash, it’s frustrating when there’s a lot of misinformation floating about everywhere so it seemed like this was one of those situations.

Yeah I get it

Lol I meant to rep this post, whoops :’) sorry Meso 😂

Quick Reply

Latest