how to use free time in school effectively?

Watch
Computerbot212
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Hello I'm 16 female,

I have multiple medical conditions that cause pain and fatigue due I'm wondering how should I manage my free periods in highschool. I dropped a couple subjects

The free time is supposed to be used for catching up on work and resting/sleeping

I go to an empty room were I'm able to lie down but also work

How should I manage this time?
Desideri
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I guess it depends what works best for you.

I also have a condition that causes fatigue, and I find that a short nap during the day is really helpful for me, so I guess in your position I would use at least some breaks to have a nap. I guess this would also depend on what the area was like - if it’s loud or uncomfortable, you might not be able to sleep.

On the other hand, you might prefer to try and get as much of your homework done in your frees as possible. That way you would be able to get more rest in the evenings when you get home.
tinygirl96
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Read your notes?
Computerbot212
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Desideri)
I guess it depends what works best for you.

I also have a condition that causes fatigue, and I find that a short nap during the day is really helpful for me, so I guess in your position I would use at least some breaks to have a nap. I guess this would also depend on what the area was like - if it’s loud or uncomfortable, you might not be able to sleep.

On the other hand, you might prefer to try and get as much of your homework done in your frees as possible. That way you would be able to get more rest in the evenings when you get home.
the room I go to is quiet and I'm usually the only one in their with my aide
Grizwuld
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
A neighbour has Type 2 Diabetes (T2D) which includes, among other things Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (CFS).

He goes about life as normally as he can but every so often he has to stop, lie down and have a nap, usually about 1-2 hours. He refers to it as flat battery syndrome. For physical type work it comes on after about 4 hrs or 6 hrs non physical activity. Sometimes he is getting up at 4 a.m. and sometimes he is going to bed at 4 a.m. It can be very annoying if he wants to go out with people or do various things. So he has to be very organized and plan life carefully with 1/2 days per week of long sleeps (12 hours+).

Food of course is another issue but it also means quite ordinary food becomes a major treat e.g. fish & chips or, never and, a slice of cake.

Plus he has to keep very physically fit, mostly aerobics. This is to avoid taking medication or other potential complications including those associated with weight issues.

Still the dogs do very well out of it. They get exercised by day by the rest of the family and then he takes them out at night to help wake up and then does some studying.

He's 16 too and has just started his "A" levels.

Good Luck, Stat Safe.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (643)
33.47%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (814)
42.37%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (378)
19.68%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (86)
4.48%

Watched Threads