*HELP!* GCSE Results Sheet VS. GCSE Certificates?

Watch
AchyutChaudhary
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 months ago
Hi all,
I hope you’re doing well and safe.

I just had a question about our GCSE qualifications.
Every Results Day, we head to our school to receive our Results Sheet/ Grades Sheet that shows what grades we achieved in what subject.
However, my school recently informed us that we need to come to school in December (4 months after Results Day in August) to receive our GCSE Certificate.

I am just confused, an am just wondering, may J know what is the difference between the GCSE Results sheet & the GCSE Certificate?
Whenever we apply for Uni’s, jobs, employment, etc. I thought the interviewers look at our GCSE Grades Sheet that we got in results day, but looks like they look at the so-called ‘GCSE Certificate’.

Secondly, may I know if we get the certificates separately by Exam Board? If I do a subject in all 4 exam boards, will I get a separate Certificate for AQA, Pearson Edexcel, OCR and WJEC Eduqas?
When I googled it, I only saw exam board gcse Certificates, so just wondering.

Anyways, thanks and every help is much appreciated!
Have a nice day
Compost
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
The results slips are very easily forged so can't be used as evidence of results. The certificates have anti-fraud features in them (e.g. holograms) that make them harder to fake and it's obvious if they're copies.

You get a certificate from each different exam board for each different type of qualification in each exam season - so if you took an AQA GCSE in 2019, then 3 AQA GCSES in 2020, an AQA Level 2 certificate in 2020 and 4 Edexcel GCSEs in 2020 you would land up with 3 different AQA certificates and one from Edexcel.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Poll: What factors affect your mental health most right now? Post-lockdown edition

Anxiousness about restrictions easing (43)
5.8%
Uncertainty around my education (84)
11.34%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (79)
10.66%
Lack of purpose or motivation (94)
12.69%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (39)
5.26%
Impact lockdown had on physical health (42)
5.67%
Social worries (incl. loneliness/making friends) (80)
10.8%
Financial worries (50)
6.75%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (32)
4.32%
Exposure to negative news/social media (46)
6.21%
Difficulty accessing real life entertainment (24)
3.24%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (71)
9.58%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (57)
7.69%

Watched Threads