LazLo_
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
I'm doing maths, chemistry and physics. Any tips? Are there any topics to focus on that is hard within those subjects?
absolutelysprout
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
i did a-level maths- revision regularly is key. do all the homework given to you so you can be sure whether you're confident w/ a topic or not. don't be afraid to get things wrong. make sure you do plenty of practice papers. each person will find different topics difficult- off the top of my head i can't think of one that particularly stood out but i remember struggling with exam technique.
LazLo_
Rep:
?
(Original post by absolutelysprout)
i did a-level maths- revision regularly is key. do all the homework given to you so you can be sure whether you're confident w/ a topic or not. don't be afraid to get things wrong. make sure you do plenty of practice papers. each person will find different topics difficult- off the top of my head i can't think of one that particularly stood out but i remember struggling with exam technique.
tbh i don't find the working out hard in maths its just I struggle on applying it to different questions
username5453486
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Hi, I'm doing A2 Chemistry.

I would say that you should really focus on organic chemistry because it is literally the base for nearly everything in year 13 and it can be difficult. Consistently review all the mechanisms, the reagents and keep doing exam questions! The nice thing with chemistry is that questions are so repetitive so you just need to know a method to work stuff out.

I hope that's useful.
LazLo_
Rep:
?
(Original post by Nono2003)
Hi, I'm doing A2 Chemistry.

I would say that you should really focus on organic chemistry because it is literally the base for nearly everything in year 13 and it can be difficult. Consistently review all the mechanisms, the reagents and keep doing exam questions! The nice thing with chemistry is that questions are so repetitive so you just need to know a method to work stuff out.

I hope that's useful.
thanks!
absolutelysprout
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by LazLo_)
tbh i don't find the working out hard in maths its just I struggle on applying it to different questions
best way to get better is doing lots of exam questions
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (64)
27.71%
No - I have already returned home (25)
10.82%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (50)
21.65%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (22)
9.52%
No - I live at home during term anyway (70)
30.3%

Watched Threads