What to expect at sixth form/ college interview

Watch
yourstruly101
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I have a college interview on November 3rd and it is online on Microsoft teams. What should I expect and how is it going to be like? I'm really nervous about it. Do I have to dress smart, Do have to show my face?
Alaska87222
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
it depends what kind of sixth form i guess - whether its prestigious or not. in my experience i just wore casual clothes and it was quite a casual chat . we just spoke about what subjects i was thinking of taking, my predicted grades and what i wanted to pursue in the future. in hindsight, its really nothing to worry about, but they will be understanding if you are as teachers have to deal with a lot of different kinds of students.
i don't know whether or not you'll have to show your face though! if you don't then you won't have to worry about what to wear haha
yourstruly101
Rep:
?
(Original post by Alaska87222)
it depends what kind of sixth form i guess - whether its prestigious or not. in my experience i just wore casual clothes and it was quite a casual chat . we just spoke about what subjects i was thinking of taking, my predicted grades and what i wanted to pursue in the future. in hindsight, its really nothing to worry about, but they will be understanding if you are as teachers have to deal with a lot of different kinds of students.
i don't know whether or not you'll have to show your face though! if you don't then you won't have to worry about what to wear haha
Aha, thank you! I have no clue about my predicted grades if they ask what should I say?
tinygirl96
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Expect basic skills tests. When I applied nine years ago, I had to do some key skills assessments beforehand as well as go for a induction day later on.
Alaska87222
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by yourstruly101)
Aha, thank you! I have no clue about my predicted grades if they ask what should I say?
maybe your past mocks if you have any? could you possibly email your teachers and see if they have them?
yourstruly101
Rep:
?
(Original post by tinygirl96)
Expect basic skills tests. When I applied nine years ago, I had to do some key skills assessments beforehand as well as go for a induction day later on.
How do you mean?
yourstruly101
Rep:
?
(Original post by Alaska87222)
maybe your past mocks if you have any? could you possibly email your teachers and see if they have them?
My mocks from year 10 weren't really completed to the full due to coronavirus. I only know my English language and I got really bad :/
tinygirl96
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
How do you mean?
Basic numeracy and literacy tests
yourstruly101
Rep:
?
Basic numeracy and literacy tests
oh okayy
hollie1928
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hey, I had mine in school so I was just in uniform and didn’t have to do any tests for it beforehand and I had mine a year ago. They asked me about my mocks and predicted grades, what subjects I’d like to take and also any hobbies I have. Every interview is different though but it’s nothing to worry about!
yourstruly101
Rep:
?
(Original post by hollie1928)
Hey, I had mine in school so I was just in uniform and didn’t have to do any tests for it beforehand and I had mine a year ago. They asked me about my mocks and predicted grades, what subjects I’d like to take and also any hobbies I have. Every interview is different though but it’s nothing to worry about!
Thank you x I wish I could do it school, haha
tinygirl96
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Also bring a pen and notebook for contact details.
hollie1928
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Thank you x I wish I could do it school, haha
Yeah it would be easier! But I’m sure they’ll make you comfortable and in my case anyway it was very relaxed I think calling it an ‘interview’ makes it seem really daunting.
yourstruly101
Rep:
?
Also bring a pen and notebook for contact details.
thanks x
yourstruly101
Rep:
?
(Original post by hollie1928)
Yeah it would be easier! But I’m sure they’ll make you comfortable and in my case anyway it was very relaxed I think calling it an ‘interview’ makes it seem really daunting.
Yeah so true!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (72)
27.69%
No - I have already returned home (29)
11.15%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (54)
20.77%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (28)
10.77%
No - I live at home during term anyway (77)
29.62%

Watched Threads