Raja12
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
hey guys,

im currently in year 13 doing biology, chemistry, geography and core maths.

After year 13, I want to take a gap year and was looking at doing a level maths. However, I don't know whether I will be able to get an A or B. This is because people look at my gcse grade and say that I won't be able to do it.

At GCSE, I got a grade 6. I didn't revise at all, just a few questions here and there but thats it. However, I just recently did core maths (level 3 mathematical studies) and will hopefully be getting an A. I didn't find the content hard in core maths. Do you think if I can do biology, chemistry and core maths at a level (which are somewhat mathematical), I can do a level maths?
Last edited by Raja12; 3 weeks ago
CaptainDuckie
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Many people that I know that got a 6 at GCSE are currently working at an A* for A level, you screwed up on that one.
CaptainDuckie
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
What are you intending on doing ? Medicine?
Raja12
Rep:
?
(Original post by CaptainDuckie)
Many people that I know that got a 6 at GCSE are currently working at an A* for A level, you screwed up on that one.
what do you mean I screwed up? Um in my sixth form, they wouldn't have allowed me to do maths a level, as you need a 7.
Raja12
Rep:
?
(Original post by CaptainDuckie)
What are you intending on doing ? Medicine?
economics and finance. I can still get into economics and finance but they are at 'semi-targets' such as Durham, St Andrews, Manchester. They are good universities but I need to go to a target university for investment banking.

I only chose those subjects as im quite good at them. Predicted A* in Geography, A in Chemistry, B in Biology and probably an A in Core Maths
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (538)
33.96%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (651)
41.1%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (322)
20.33%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (73)
4.61%

Watched Threads