The Student Room Group

Counselling or Psychological Well-being Practitioner?

Hey.

So I am wanting to become a PWP and just wondering if anyone on here is one and can advise on how to get there and what it is like?

I have an English degree (2:2) so I would need to do the psychology conversion. That’s all I really know.

I am torn between becoming a counselling or a PWP but feel there would be more career opportunities doing the psychology conversion rather than starting at the beginning and doing a counselling course.

I also have a young child now so anyone able to give advice studying with a baby too.

Any help would be so grateful.

Thank you
Original post by elouise24555
Hey.

So I am wanting to become a PWP and just wondering if anyone on here is one and can advise on how to get there and what it is like?

I have an English degree (2:2) so I would need to do the psychology conversion. That’s all I really know.

I am torn between becoming a counselling or a PWP but feel there would be more career opportunities doing the psychology conversion rather than starting at the beginning and doing a counselling course.

I also have a young child now so anyone able to give advice studying with a baby too.

Any help would be so grateful.

Thank you

You’ll find that the psychology conversion masters doesn’t actually train or qualify you to practise in either occupation-you would have to do further training afterwards.
Neither role requires a psychology conversion course to be done so I would look instead at either the training for a counsellor or the training for a pwp if that’s what you want to do.
(edited 3 years ago)
Research further training.
Original post by GabiAbi84
You’ll find that the psychology conversion masters doesn’t actually train or qualify you to practise in either occupation-you would have to do further training afterwards.
Neither role requires a psychology conversion course to be done so I would look instead at either the training for a counsellor or the training for a pwp if that’s what you want to do.

Thanks for the advice.

When I’ve looked at roles as a PWP, it says to have a psychology degree so thought that would be the best option for me?

Obviously that’s the first step.

I’ve worked as a support worker for 3 years now so feel I got some experience.

Will research further

Quick Reply

Latest