Stress is taking over everything

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
I used to think stress was good for me. Hypothetical scenarios of me failing and disappointing myself was my biggest motive to study. I was never comfortable with having fun when I had exams coming up (even when it’s more than several months away) and I’ve always been jealous of those who can maintain a healthy work and social life balance. Sometimes I spend hours reading through forums on tsr and over-analysing my chances of becoming successful. I think I can’t function anymore. I burn out too quickly and only stress is able to make me work hard enough. How can I overcome this?
ianderson133
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I used to think stress was good for me. Hypothetical scenarios of me failing and disappointing myself was my biggest motive to study. I was never comfortable with having fun when I had exams coming up (even when it’s more than several months away) and I’ve always been jealous of those who can maintain a healthy work and social life balance. Sometimes I spend hours reading through forums on tsr and over-analysing my chances of becoming successful. I think I can’t function anymore. I burn out too quickly and only stress is able to make me work hard enough. How can I overcome this?
I get how your feeling as I can relate to the repetitive cycle of stress. I think you should put these stresses into perspective, whilst stress can be a good thing it is very easy for it to become dibilitating and engrained to every part of your day. I think what helps me is knowing that my stress is only temporary and if things happen for the worst it will be fine. Having fun and leaving your stress for however long you need is so important, it helps to see that there is a life beyond revision and exams. You can be successful, even if something doesn't go how you would like it to, there are so many people who've overcome their situation, I think it is so important to go through dark periods in life because then you can truly appreicate it when you can overcome those feelings. If you need to talk feel free to pm me
Last edited by ianderson133; 4 weeks ago
Analyst89
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I agree with the above user, put things into perspective, maybe you are over thinking.

You can PM me if you ever feel the need to talk.

If you feel the need to talk to someone, you can phone these numbers:

-Samaritans on 116 123

-Mind, 0300 123 3393

-Saneline, 0300 304 7000, from 4.30pm-10.30pm

-The mix, 0800 808 4994, 11am-11pm

-SHOUT, text 852258, 24 hour text service
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (631)
33.51%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (793)
42.11%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (374)
19.86%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (85)
4.51%

Watched Threads