The Student Room Group

Why do people look different without glasses

Everytime I see people’s with contact lens they look different and weird why do glasses make people’s different????
Because there is an item absent from their face.
Reply 2
Original post by ashtolga23
Because there is an item absent from their face.

Huh?? What you mean
Original post by Anonymous
Everytime I see people’s with contact lens they look different and weird why do glasses make people’s different????

Same way as people look different if they cut their hair short/with bangs. Or wear makeup different to what they usually wear, or wear a hat they don’t normally wear.
Reply 4
Original post by GabiAbi84
Same way as people look different if they cut their hair short/with bangs. Or wear makeup different to what they usually wear, or wear a hat they don’t normally wear.

no I mean contact
no I mean contact

You mean why do people look different with contacts in instead of glasses?
Or why do people with contacts look different to people without contacts...?
That is because the contact lens is not their original eye color.
Would you *look* at that, it’s quite a *spectacle* wouldn’t you say?

Apart from the lack of glasses on their face, it's probably to do with the lenses distorted the size/shape of their eyes from an onlooker's perspective. I'm short-sighted, and when I wear contact lenses I always get lots of comments about how my eyes look so much bigger (i.e. actual size) without my glasses on.
Huh?? What you mean

Are you dim? The comment means, something is missing from their face, hence they look different.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending