How do Marxist/feminist say the family offer little indidivual choice? (alvl socio)

Watch
Jeonkook
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
So the question asks to evaluate the view that individual choice in personal relationships has made family life less important. I need to counter this argument by either using Marxist or feminist pov but I'm not sure what points I can make and how to link it back to the q? If anyone could give me any ideas that would be great thanks

For reference (if it helps) exam board= AQA
Last edited by Jeonkook; 4 weeks ago
Napp
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
No idea how to answer the question but why on earth are the options only marxism or feminism? It sounds like some far right trope worthy of the user @pinkist (who might actually be able to help given his peculiar hard on for these two specific topics).
ByEeek
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b09rx3w0

In a rather trivial way, this play explores some of the ideas that conflict between extreme feminism and the idea of personal choice vs. the idea of the family unit. Its a good listen.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (657)
33.55%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (831)
42.44%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (381)
19.46%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (89)
4.55%

Watched Threads