How many months does it take to finish an AS level subject?

Watch
dylvn
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
I take History, English Literature, Economics, and business studies. I just wanted to know how many months it would take me to finish the syllabus for each subject and when I should seriously start studying for the exams. So approximately how many months would it take me to finish each subject?

ColtTheWolf
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Start somewhat serious revision around 2 months before to allow ample time to finish the syllabus, and in the last month slowly increase the number of times you spend revising until you're at maximum hours a day you can manage about two weeks before the exam, then spend the day before calming yourself and doing something non-work-related so you're prepared to smash the exam the next day.

It's hard to tell you how long it would take because it really depends on how fast you revise and how often. It's theoretically possible to cover the whole syllabus for an AS subject in about two months, for one subject, anyway. Much longer if you're doing four essay-based subjects, though.

I would say with memory-based subjects that you're never really fully finished revising them, haha
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (494)
33.51%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (612)
41.52%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (300)
20.35%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (68)
4.61%

Watched Threads