Worried about potential new lockdowns/covid impact on graduate opportunities

Watch
Seker
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hi there,

In the last few months I have started applying to multiple graduate opportunities for next Autumn but have become increasingly worried that such opportunities will be withdrawn/cancelled. The news today has worried me further. With new lockdowns likely and increasing economic uncertainty, what is the likely impact to be on this years recruiting cycle? My main concern is that recruiters might cancel schemes or withdraw offers.

If anyone has any insights that would be greatly appreciated
Last edited by Seker; 1 month ago
Native087
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
A simplistic view, but an insight nonetheless.

It's entirely out of our hands, what will be will be.
it's looking likely that this years recruiting cycle will be damaged, mass unemployment means many are attempting to find new work.
The impact of graduate schemes will be present but less than the general market in my opinion. Some graduate schemes will be closed in order to accommodate experienced persons seeking work.

Regardless, do not worry about things you have no control of.

Warmest regards,
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (94)
28.23%
No - I have already returned home (44)
13.21%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (62)
18.62%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (33)
9.91%
No - I live at home during term anyway (100)
30.03%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise