Cherrygrape1234
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
^^ tips please? I’ve got mine soon and how can I achieve a distinction?

Thanks
Chopinnocturne31
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Know the speech well enough that you don’t need to look at your notes too much. Some people memorised their speeches so they didn’t have cards, but personally, I think it’s a risk: under the pressure, you might forget your words so even if you memorise it, keep your cue cards. You don’t even have to look at them unless you forget something

Know the subject well enough that you can easily answer any questions from people.
Cherrygrape1234
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by Chopinnocturne31)
Know the speech well enough that you don’t need to look at your notes too much. Some people memorised their speeches so they didn’t have cards, but personally, I think it’s a risk: under the pressure, you might forget your words so even if you memorise it, keep your cue cards. You don’t even have to look at them unless you forget something

Know the subject well enough that you can easily answer any questions from people.
Ok thank you for your tips!
Approximately how many pages should it be if it’s meant to be between 2:30-3mins?
Chopinnocturne31
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Cherrygrape1234)
Ok thank you for your tips!
Approximately how many pages should it be if it’s meant to be between 2:30-3mins?
You’re welcome! There are plenty of general public speaking tips online which would also really help for the real thing (I can’t think of anything to tell you directly, sorry ).

I actually can’t remember if I’m honest I’m really sorry. What you could do though, is write what you can, then practise it out loud and record it so you can see how long it took you but you can also listen back to it to see if you were talking too fast/too slow etc and then adjust the speech accordingly.
username5398218
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
You’re welcome! There are plenty of general public speaking tips online which would also really help for the real thing (I can’t think of anything to tell you directly, sorry ).

I actually can’t remember if I’m honest I’m really sorry. What you could do though, is write what you can, then practise it out loud and record it so you can see how long it took you but you can also listen back to it to see if you were talking too fast/too slow etc and then adjust the speech accordingly.
want to know how thick i am chop look at this

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho...post91732000:(
tinygirl96
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Practice little and often.
Chopinnocturne31
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Golderz Is Great)
want to know how thick i am chop look at this

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho...post91732000:(
Not being academic doesn’t make you thick, Goldie!!! :nah: there are lots of different ways of being clever and I know for a fact that you are clever, even if you don’t see it :yep: don’t argue with me. If I say you’re clever, you’re clever :mad:
username5398218
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Not being academic doesn’t make you thick, Goldie!!! :nah: there are lots of different ways of being clever and I know for a fact that you are clever, even if you don’t see it :yep: don’t argue with me. If I say you’re clever, you’re clever :mad:
thanks and your wrong........dont hurt me chop:afraid:
Cherrygrape1234
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago

Ok thank you, you have been really helpful
Chopinnocturne31
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Ok thank you, you have been really helpful
You’re welcome!!
Chopinnocturne31
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
thanks and your wrong........dont hurt me chop:afraid:
I will hurt you unless you take it back and admit you’re clever :mad: in fact, your next username has to be Golderz is Clever :mad:
username5398218
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I will hurt you unless you take it back and admit you’re clever :mad: in fact, your next username has to be Golderz is Clever :mad:
next username is goldie something i want goldie back in my name chop
Chopinnocturne31
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
next username is goldie something i want goldie back in my name chop
Oooohh yayyy Goldie is back :awesome: It has to be Goldie is clever then
isobeln
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
^^ tips please? I’ve got mine soon and how can I achieve a distinction?

Thanks
have you had it yet? how did it go in the end?
Cherrygrape1234
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
(Original post by isobeln)
have you had it yet? how did it go in the end?
Not yet, in a few weeks...
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (99)
28.37%
No - I have already returned home (45)
12.89%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (67)
19.2%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (37)
10.6%
No - I live at home during term anyway (101)
28.94%

Watched Threads