The Student Room Group

Yr 11 -- REVIOSN HELP PLEASEE :(

I'm in year 11, I do pretty well at school (i get average 7s in all my subjects except english) ....i'm aiming for all 8s and 9s
and i have no idea how to start revising. I've tried making many timetables, but they never work and i end up wasting weeks of "revising" where in the end i've made no progress at all :frown:
I've realised making notes doesn't really work for me, they seem pointless, as our revision guides already summarise content....so making notes doesn't make a difference, as I eventually have to memorise that too.
Right now whenever I try to "revise", at the end of the day I feel like I've made no progress at all :frown:

I'd really appreciate any advice or tips :smile:
- how long should i spend for each subject?
- how many subjects should i revise in a day?
-how much should i cover for each subject? (like a whole topic or half topic?)
Reply 1
hi. There is a rule called the 8,8,8 rule (or something like that), where you spent 8 hours sleeping, 8 hours working and then 8 hours doing everything else. It could help you organise your time? For example, you could spend two hours on each subject a day, covering 4 subjects. But I would put them into hour blocks so like an hour of English, then an hour of maths for example.
For revision, I would recommend making flashcards, blurting (where you write down everything you can remember about a certain topic and then fill in the caps using your notes), and past paper questions. I've linked a document that has lots of science questions.
Hope this helps
Reply 2
Original post by becky_e6
hi. There is a rule called the 8,8,8 rule (or something like that), where you spent 8 hours sleeping, 8 hours working and then 8 hours doing everything else. It could help you organise your time? For example, you could spend two hours on each subject a day, covering 4 subjects. But I would put them into hour blocks so like an hour of English, then an hour of maths for example.
For revision, I would recommend making flashcards, blurting (where you write down everything you can remember about a certain topic and then fill in the caps using your notes), and past paper questions. I've linked a document that has lots of science questions.
Hope this helps

thanks this was helpful :smile: ......i think i'll try the 8,8,8 rule and see if it works
But the attachment isn't working
Reply 3
Original post by becky_e6
Hope this helps

thanks this was helpful :smile: ......i think i'll try the 8,8,8 rule and see if it works
But the attachment isn't working.
Original post by R.N
But the attachment isn't working

it worked for me - but it opened in word so maybe you don't have word or smth? they were for aqa science stuff
Reply 5
Original post by isobeln
it worked for me - but it opened in word so maybe you don't have word or smth? they were for aqa science stuff

oh it works now...idk y it didn't before
Thanks it looks really helpful

Quick Reply

Latest