R.N
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
I'm in year 11, I do pretty well at school (i get average 7s in all my subjects except english) ....i'm aiming for all 8s and 9s
and i have no idea how to start revising. I've tried making many timetables, but they never work and i end up wasting weeks of "revising" where in the end i've made no progress at all
I've realised making notes doesn't really work for me, they seem pointless, as our revision guides already summarise content....so making notes doesn't make a difference, as I eventually have to memorise that too.
Right now whenever I try to "revise", at the end of the day I feel like I've made no progress at all

I'd really appreciate any advice or tips
- how long should i spend for each subject?
- how many subjects should i revise in a day?
-how much should i cover for each subject? (like a whole topic or half topic?)
becky_e6
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
hi. There is a rule called the 8,8,8 rule (or something like that), where you spent 8 hours sleeping, 8 hours working and then 8 hours doing everything else. It could help you organise your time? For example, you could spend two hours on each subject a day, covering 4 subjects. But I would put them into hour blocks so like an hour of English, then an hour of maths for example.
For revision, I would recommend making flashcards, blurting (where you write down everything you can remember about a certain topic and then fill in the caps using your notes), and past paper questions. I've linked a document that has lots of science questions.
Hope this helps
Attached files
R.N
Rep:
?
(Original post by becky_e6)
hi. There is a rule called the 8,8,8 rule (or something like that), where you spent 8 hours sleeping, 8 hours working and then 8 hours doing everything else. It could help you organise your time? For example, you could spend two hours on each subject a day, covering 4 subjects. But I would put them into hour blocks so like an hour of English, then an hour of maths for example.
For revision, I would recommend making flashcards, blurting (where you write down everything you can remember about a certain topic and then fill in the caps using your notes), and past paper questions. I've linked a document that has lots of science questions.
Hope this helps
thanks this was helpful ......i think i'll try the 8,8,8 rule and see if it works
But the attachment isn't working
R.N
Rep:
?
(Original post by becky_e6)
Hope this helps
thanks this was helpful ......i think i'll try the 8,8,8 rule and see if it works
But the attachment isn't working.
isobeln
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by R.N)
But the attachment isn't working
it worked for me - but it opened in word so maybe you don't have word or smth? they were for aqa science stuff
R.N
Rep:
?
(Original post by isobeln)
it worked for me - but it opened in word so maybe you don't have word or smth? they were for aqa science stuff
oh it works now...idk y it didn't before
Thanks it looks really helpful
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (706)
33.93%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (889)
42.72%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (393)
18.89%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (93)
4.47%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed