R.N
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
How much content should I cover for each study session, if i use spaced revision?
I'm in yr 11, doing gcse in summer (aiming for 8s and 9s)
also i have no idea how to revise, i'v tried many techniques but found none that work for me
cloudy1012
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by R.N)
How much content should I cover for each study session, if i use spaced revision?
I'm in yr 11, doing gcse in summer (aiming for 8s and 9s)
also i have no idea how to revise, i'v tried many techniques but found none that work for me
I have my mocks in around 2 weeks and this is how I revised over half term, and will continue next week.
I just chose 2 subjects to revise per day, then spent around 3 hours for each (giving myself 10 min break after each hour.) I had all my notes written down from year 10 and just did practice questions/papers, and if I found anything confusing I just looked at my notes. I mainly spend more time on the things I am more confused on.
Also, for science I use https://www.physicsandmathstutor.com because I can just do questions on the topics I'm mostly confused on.
hope that helped!
Ellie098
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Don't drain yourself out too much, I would only do 2 subjects per night and maybe 3 on the weekend depending if you're doing anything that day. Its best to take your time and focus on what you're revising instead of rushing it just to get through all your revision. Create a priority list and work through it, focus on the things you struggle on and don't waste time on the things you already know.
For each study session you do, create a plan for what you want to cover in that hour or so, this way you can measure how much you have got done (obviously, don't make your plan/list too intense otherwise you'll just end up feeling like you haven't done much).

The best thing to do revision is create your revision resources early!! Then you can just focus on using these resources to build up your grade and get better. What works best for me is creating a poster (or powerpoint slide/ or fact sheet/ or series of pictures (whatever works best for up depending on if you're a visual learner or not)) on every topic for just the important notes, calculations, tips ect. Make sure you don't write too much on it because then you'll be able to remember more and this information will act as a cue to remember all the other little details in that specific topic. Hope this helps, feel free the ask anything Good luck!
R.N
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Ellie098)
Don't drain yourself out too much, I would only do 2 subjects per night and maybe 3 on the weekend depending if you're doing anything that day. Its best to take your time and focus on what you're revising instead of rushing it just to get through all your revision. Create a priority list and work through it, focus on the things you struggle on and don't waste time on the things you already know.
For each study session you do, create a plan for what you want to cover in that hour or so, this way you can measure how much you have got done (obviously, don't make your plan/list too intense otherwise you'll just end up feeling like you haven't done much).

The best thing to do revision is create your revision resources early!! Then you can just focus on using these resources to build up your grade and get better. What works best for me is creating a poster (or powerpoint slide/ or fact sheet/ or series of pictures (whatever works best for up depending on if you're a visual learner or not)) on every topic for just the important notes, calculations, tips ect. Make sure you don't write too much on it because then you'll be able to remember more and this information will act as a cue to remember all the other little details in that specific topic. Hope this helps, feel free the ask anything Good luck!
yh it is a good idea to start off early, then it'll be less stressful later on. But i think i'll try 4 subjects in a day (1hr each)...i'm doing one in the morning and three afterschool but they have large breaks between them....so i think it'll be ok. I'll try it out for a few days and if it doesn't work, i'll reduce it to 3 subjects
Thanksss
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (640)
33.51%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (806)
42.2%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (378)
19.79%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (86)
4.5%

Watched Threads