Lisabaker1
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Which universities do foundation year pharmacy,I have found four but I need one more
username5453486
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Manchester, greenwich, liverpool,bristol,
UniofGreenwich
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Lisabaker1)
Which universities do foundation year pharmacy,I have found four but I need one more
Hey Lisabaker1

As Nono2003 mentioned below we offer a foundation year for Pharmacy.

The foundation year will give you the core skills you need for degree-level study, after which you follow the syllabus of the four-year course. Our practice-focused learning uses simulated exercises and interactive clinical sessions, helping you develop the skills you need for pharmacist roles in hospitals, community and primary care settings.

The MPharm covers the core themes of biological sciences, chemistry and drug delivery. You'll study professional practice, the brain and psychiatry, the heart and circulatory systems, and the endocrine system.

Join our Virtual Open Day November 2020 and chat with current students and staff and find out more about how we can support you whilst you study, including information about courses, fees and funding, student life and accommodation.

Hope this helps let me know if you have any questions
Lisabaker1
Rep:
?
(Original post by Nono2003)
Manchester, greenwich, liverpool,bristol,
Thank you but Bristol only does pharmacology foundation yr
Lisabaker1
Rep:
?
(Original post by UniofGreenwich)
Hey Lisabaker1

As Nono2003 mentioned below we offer a foundation year for Pharmacy.

The foundation year will give you the core skills you need for degree-level study, after which you follow the syllabus of the four-year course. Our practice-focused learning uses simulated exercises and interactive clinical sessions, helping you develop the skills you need for pharmacist roles in hospitals, community and primary care settings.

The MPharm covers the core themes of biological sciences, chemistry and drug delivery. You'll study professional practice, the brain and psychiatry, the heart and circulatory systems, and the endocrine system.

Join our Virtual Open Day November 2020 and chat with current students and staff and find out more about how we can support you whilst you study, including information about courses, fees and funding, student life and accommodation.

Hope this helps let me know if you have any questions
Thank you so much and yes it did help.
username5453486
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Thank you but Bristol only does pharmacology foundation yr
Hi
They have pharmacy with an intergrated foundation year for pharamcy

https://digital.ucas.com/coursedispl...micYearId=2021
Lisabaker1
Rep:
?
(Original post by Nono2003)
Hi
They have pharmacy with an intergrated foundation year for pharamcy

https://digital.ucas.com/coursedispl...micYearId=2021
What’s does that mean? I thought that was for student from another country
Mustafa0605
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I don’t know about your academic situation but it may be worth applying for one without a foundation year. E.g Univeristy of Wolverhampton have direct entry mpharm with only BBC entry requirements which they might be flexible about on results day.
UniofGreenwich
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Hi Lisabaker1

My name is Joy and I am currently a first year student. I completed my foundation year at the University of Greenwich last year. I just want to tell you a bit about my experience, all I can firstly say is that I feel like it was the best decision I made because it prepared me so much for first year not only in the academics with filling in the gaps of knowledge I had, but just getting used to uni life. From being assessed at a university level to living by myself for the first time. The community that you join as well is also amazing I have made such great fiends on my course we all just help each other out and make the best memories while doing it. Obviously, it is still hard work but if you stay consistent then you will be more than fine. One thing that I find really cool about our university is that we are part of the University of Kent and Greenwich, so you would get ID card from both universities and it allows you to have access not only to you main campus in Medway but also access to the University of Greenwich and Kent facilities. If one day you and your mates just want to have a day out in London you are literally one bus ride away from doing so and it’s the same for the Kent campus which is based in Canterbury. But yeah if you have any questions at all about the course or about the university experience in general, I would be more than happy to help.
Last edited by UniofGreenwich; 4 weeks ago
Lisabaker1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Mustafa0605)
I don’t know about your academic situation but it may be worth applying for one without a foundation year. E.g Univeristy of Wolverhampton have direct entry mpharm with only BBC entry requirements which they might be flexible about on results day.
Thank you for that but it requires chemistry and I don’t do chemistry that’s why I need the foundation year.
Lisabaker1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
(Original post by UniofGreenwich)
Hi Lisabaker1

My name is Joy and I am currently a first year student. I completed my foundation year at the University of Greenwich last year. I just want to tell you a bit about my experience, all I can firstly say is that I feel like it was the best decision I made because it prepared me so much for first year not only in the academics with filling in the gaps of knowledge I had, but just getting used to uni life. From being assessed at a university level to living by myself for the first time. The community that you join as well is also amazing I have made such great fiends on my course we all just help each other out and make the best memories while doing it. Obviously, it is still hard work but if you stay consistent then you will be more than fine. One thing that I find really cool about our university is that we are part of the University of Kent and Greenwich, so you would get ID card from both universities and it allows you to have access not only to you main campus in Medway but also access to the University of Greenwich and Kent facilities. If one day you and your mates just want to have a day out in London you are literally one bus ride away from doing so and it’s the same for the Kent campus which is based in Canterbury. But yeah if you have any questions at all about the course or about the university experience in general, I would be more than happy to help.
It sounds like a great uni! But it’s too far for me-I will still think about it though.
UniofGreenwich
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
It sounds like a great uni! But it’s too far for me-I will still think about it though.
Hi @lisabaker1
Yeah sure take all the time you need! (Well not too much time because the UCAS deadline lol). But even if you want to ask questions about uni life or how a foundation year is as a whole, even about a levels ( I did a level biology, chemistry, maths and extended project) as I didn’t do them that long ago I would still be more than happy to help.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (98)
28.32%
No - I have already returned home (45)
13.01%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (67)
19.36%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (35)
10.12%
No - I live at home during term anyway (101)
29.19%

Watched Threads