The Student Room Group

Travel grant to study abroad in the US

Hi I am a second year student who is hoping to go on a year abroad next year, but I am very worried about the costs as I don’t quite understand how the travel grant works, cus I am going to have to pay over $2,000 in health insurance and I’d like to know how long does it take for me to be reimbursed if I am eligible for it and what is the process like, and when can I ask for it to be reimbursed before or after my year abroad
If anyone could help explain this to me I’d be very thankful
Original post by DiogoAlves___
Hi I am a second year student who is hoping to go on a year abroad next year, but I am very worried about the costs as I don’t quite understand how the travel grant works, cus I am going to have to pay over $2,000 in health insurance and I’d like to know how long does it take for me to be reimbursed if I am eligible for it and what is the process like, and when can I ask for it to be reimbursed before or after my year abroad
If anyone could help explain this to me I’d be very thankful

Hi, are you an SFE applicant?
Thanks, Isaac
Yes I am a Student Finance England applicant
Original post by SFE Isaac
Hi, are you an SFE applicant?
Thanks, Isaac

I am a student finance England applicant
I am a student finance England applicant

You can submit a claim whenever you have the evidence to do so. Please click here https://www.practitioners.slc.co.uk/products/full-time-undergraduate-education/full-time-travel-grants-for-students-studying-abroad-or-on-a-work-placement/ to find out more information.
Thanks, Isaac
Original post by SFE Isaac
You can submit a claim whenever you have the evidence to do so. Please click here https://www.practitioners.slc.co.uk/products/full-time-undergraduate-education/full-time-travel-grants-for-students-studying-abroad-or-on-a-work-placement/ to find out more information.
Thanks, Isaac

Thank you! But usually once a the claim and proof has been submitted how long does it take for the refund to come in
Thank you! But usually once a the claim and proof has been submitted how long does it take for the refund to come in

It currently takes 9 working days to process new claims but our timescales can change daily. You should receive payment around 5 working days after the claim has been accepted.
Thanks, Isaac

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending