Has anyone had a thyroglossal cyst?please i'm desperate?

Watch
EBH2006
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Did you have it removed? what would you do? what did you do? please I'm desperate
sunny.side.up
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
No, I never had one. Have you tried seeing your GP or a dermatoligist?
PhoenixFortune
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by EBH2006)
Did you have it removed? what would you do? what did you do? please I'm desperate
Get advice from your GP. They will know your medical history and the most advisable course of action for you.
EBH2006
Rep:
?
I have been to my GP and to hospital twice and they have said that if I want it removed its my choice really. I've had it for 4 years now and it did really bother me that much last year but now it's really annoying and making me gag and hurts?? I just wanted other people's opinions and how they dealt with them??
EBH2006
Rep:
?
*didn't really bother
black tea
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by sunny.side.up)
No, I never had one. Have you tried seeing your GP or a dermatoligist?
How would a dermatologist help?

(Original post by EBH2006)
I have been to my GP and to hospital twice and they have said that if I want it removed its my choice really. I've had it for 4 years now and it did really bother me that much last year but now it's really annoying and making me gag and hurts?? I just wanted other people's opinions and how they dealt with them??
No personal experience but have you discussed your fears and concerns with your doctor? Personally, if I had something that was bothering me a lot, I would probably want it taken out. Have a chat to the doctor and ask about the risks of the surgery and stuff, and hopefully that will help you make a decision.
EBH2006
Rep:
?
Okay thanks everyone 😀
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (41)
31.78%
No - I have already returned home (16)
12.4%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (27)
20.93%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (11)
8.53%
No - I live at home during term anyway (34)
26.36%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed