How are you supposed to revise for a take home exam?

Watch
Loreto2018
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
So i have a university take home exam tomorrow which is open book so I can use textbooks, notes and the internet etc. My uni said that I should revise as I would for a normal exam so I would usually make flashcards and mindmaps etc but I think that is just a complete waste of time if I'm allowed to use my notes. I have 24 hours to submit my answers too so I'm not gonna have much pressure with time, especially since it's designed to be a 2 hour exam. But I'm just not sure how i'm supposed to prepare for it, I've done loads of practice paper questions and that's just about it, but I think i should be doing more preparation somehow?

Catherine1973
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
yes we had this last May.

I still read through all my notes again to refresh myself/made sure i understood all the key concepts.

Made sure i flicked through my textbooks/had glanced at extra reading/articles to see the gist of them so i could recall if useful/relevant to the questions.

Then i could write my answer in the hour per question and then add polish over next few hours before submission.
hallamstudents
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Loreto2018)
So i have a university take home exam tomorrow which is open book so I can use textbooks, notes and the internet etc. My uni said that I should revise as I would for a normal exam so I would usually make flashcards and mindmaps etc but I think that is just a complete waste of time if I'm allowed to use my notes. I have 24 hours to submit my answers too so I'm not gonna have much pressure with time, especially since it's designed to be a 2 hour exam. But I'm just not sure how i'm supposed to prepare for it, I've done loads of practice paper questions and that's just about it, but I think i should be doing more preparation somehow?
Hi Loreto2018

When I had my online exams, the main thing I would do is have my notes prepared and organised, so that when I am writing the exam I don't have to spend time finding information.

Good luck!

Zaira
tinygirl96
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Good luck
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (54)
29.51%
No - I have already returned home (23)
12.57%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (42)
22.95%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (16)
8.74%
No - I live at home during term anyway (48)
26.23%

Watched Threads