Lb777
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
Hi Im 17 have applied for a tesco festive colleague role and I have my interview tomorrow.

I’ve heard they do group interviews and I have social anxiety, that’s my worst nightmare. Any advice for them, or do you think they won’t do group interviews this year due to covid? Thanks
a2903
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
I doubt they'll do group interview as you say because of covid. I currently work at Sainsbury's and for my interview, they asked me questions like give an example of a time you worked well in a team. I think they're pretty common interview questions so maybe google the STAR method as that helped me Remember to fake it till you make it, just act confident and smiley and it genuinely does affect your mood. I was definitely anxious about my interview but just remember this is your opportunity to show why you're amazing and don't worry about it, you'll either get the job or you won't and they'll probably never see you again. Also, if they ask you about any weaknesses, say something that you can flip around into a positive at the end. for example, if you're a quiet or shy person, say that but then add "so I'm a good listener which makes me a good team worker".

Hope this helps and best of luck for tomorrow, you'll smash it
Lb777
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
Thanks so much for the advice! I’ll let you know how it goes and if I get it or not 👌🏼
Surnia
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by HarksJ)
Do you remember the online test questions?

I'm struggling with them.
It's against TSR rules to share information like that. Plus, selection procedures like interviews and tests are there for a reason and what makes you think you are suitable and capable of doing the job if you want to pass the test by cheating?
Emma:-)
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Lb777)
Thanks so much for the advice! I’ll let you know how it goes and if I get it or not 👌🏼
As has been said, I doubt they will do the group one, what with covid, and especially with the lockdown
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (520)
33.68%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (640)
41.45%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (314)
20.34%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (70)
4.53%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise