thunga
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
So I have already sent off my ucas application two weeks ago as I applied for Maths and Statistics at Oxford, Imperial, Warwick and UCL. However I applied for Mathematical Economics and Econometrics at LSE. (I have already gotten a conditional offer from Warwick for A*AA so that is kind of my reserve).
My predicted grades are: A*A*A*A
I don't know if I should change my LSE course to Financial Mathematics and Statistics or not. It has been over the two week course change deadline so:

1) Is Financial Mathematics and Statistics a better course than Mathematical Econ and Econometrics?
I do not enjoy Econ at A-Level but I love statistics so my Econ teacher said this course was mainly maths and statistics anyways. I don't know what I want to be in the future, maybe an actuary or data science. I have already paid for the TMUA so that is not a problem.
2) Will my application be at a disadvantage as I am sending it "late" and past the deadline?
3) Is LSE or Warwick better for Maths and Stats?
Advertisement
LuigiMario
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Wait a bit, you might change your mind again, I mean I’ve seriously had friends who completely changed course/ideas/everything. Don’t “overthink” things, I’m sure there’ll be plenty of time later, you might get unconditional from Oxford, who knows!

So just ‘park’ your ucas application for the ‘mo & focus on getting your amazing results, (see what others think)
thunga
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
(Original post by LuigiMario)
Wait a bit, you might change your mind again, I mean I’ve seriously had friends who completely changed course/ideas/everything. Don’t “overthink” things, I’m sure there’ll be plenty of time later, you might get unconditional from Oxford, who knows!

So just ‘park’ your ucas application for the ‘mo & focus on getting your amazing results, (see what others think)
So do you think after a few months if maybe I do well in the MAT or TMUA that LSE might still let me change course to Financial Maths and Statistics?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (577)
34.47%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (688)
41.1%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (334)
19.95%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (75)
4.48%

Watched Threads