Jdjdjdjdjd
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
I want to apply to some ivy league schools for 2021 admission, most of which have a December 15 deadline. Im predicted A*A*A*. Ive done absolutely no preparation for this, and my school knows nothing about the process.

Could anyone advice me if its possible to apply before this deadline, and if so, what should I do?
Anonymous #1
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Jdjdjdjdjd)
I want to apply to some ivy league schools for 2021 admission, most of which have a December 15 deadline. Im predicted A*A*A*. Ive done absolutely no preparation for this, and my school knows nothing about the process.

Could anyone advice me if its possible to apply before this deadline, and if so, what should I do?
US colleges (unis) look at your extracurriculars a lot more heavily than in the UK
What extracurriculars do you do?
Also if your applying you must take the SAT or ACT
(I'd recommend an SAT subject test or two on top as well)
ry7xsfa
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago

2021 admission? So you're in year 13 now?

If that's the case, you won't need to take any standardised tests. All of the Ivies are on CommonApp. I don't know where you got December 15 from? I seem to remember the ivies having an early January deadline for regular decision, and October 31 deadline for early decision.
mnot
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago

Well you need to look into the application US schools require a much longer one, they also take a more balanced wholistic approach but obviously academics are still important.

You will need to take ACT/SAT, early action or regular application window.

You will also need to apply to many more choices wheras in the UK you have 5 choices for your aspirational, average & safety the US has no such limits.

Id also say you should look more broadly then just the Ivys. For example they are all in 1 part of the US are not the strongest in all subjects and other unis have other options.
(Personally if I had to pick US unis id look at Berkeley, Stanford, Michigan .. but thats just where I thought looked great)
bant_bus
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago

DM me i've got a really helpful resource
mnot
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by bant_bus)
DM me i've got a really helpful resource
why dont you put it in the thread...
bant_bus
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by mnot)
why dont you put it in the thread...
I have my reasons. they're not sinister, I just don't owe you an exp.
elcarter14
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Feel free to dm me if you want - I'm an American student applying to three Ivies as well as a bunch of other US schools, and I know the Common App system very well.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (657)
33.55%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (831)
42.44%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (381)
19.46%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (89)
4.55%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed