hootdoot04
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hello I am currently resitting GCSE maths as I got a 3 at results day I was wondering if I revised super hard from now, could I pass maths?
Anonymous17!
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Yes definitely, you got a 3 which is in my one grade below a pass. My friend got a 2 in her gcse maths, she ready maths 2 times before getting a 5. But she didn’t work hard the first time, the second time she did. If you work hard then I believe you could go up a grade. When is your exam?
Incede
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by hootdoot04)
Hello I am currently resitting GCSE maths as I got a 3 at results day I was wondering if I revised super hard from now, could I pass maths?
Yes but you have to figure out where you are going wrong. Have a look at the questions you are getting wrong, and go over the methods comprehensively - you could do this with a teacher or use a textbook/online resource. It shouldn't be too hard to move from a 3 to a 5 if you understand how to answer the different types of questions. Keep working hard and do as many practice questions as possbile and you will pass
hootdoot04
Rep:
?
(Original post by Anonymous17!)
Yes definitely, you got a 3 which is in my one grade below a pass. My friend got a 2 in her gcse maths, she ready maths 2 times before getting a 5. But she didn’t work hard the first time, the second time she did. If you work hard then I believe you could go up a grade. When is your exam?
this summer
hootdoot04
Rep:
?
(Original post by Incede)
Yes but you have to figure out where you are going wrong. Have a look at the questions you are getting wrong, and go over the methods comprehensively - you could do this with a teacher or use a textbook/online resource. It shouldn't be too hard to move from a 3 to a 5 if you understand how to answer the different types of questions. Keep working hard and do as many practice questions as possbile and you will pass
Thanks for your response! I was told by my year 11 maths teacher that my main issues was making silly mistakes and dropping marks
Anonymous17!
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by hootdoot04)
this summer
Well then definitely, I think you could pass if your exam is in summer. Like someone said earlier in this thread, you just need to work hard and focus on where you’re going wrong. You need to make sure all the practice you do is effective and not just mindless. I would suggest making a list of all the topics for maths. Once you’ve done that, get a red, green and yellow highlighter or pen. Go through the list of topics, and start highlighting. In green, highlight all the topics your good at and confident with, in yellow highlight the ones you’re ok with but need to practice more and then in red highlight the ones you don’t understand at all. And don’t feel bad or worry if there’s more red than green, or no green at all. Start with the red topics and go through them, maybe try to go through two topics a week. Spend a few days doing just one topic, and then move on to the next. After you’ve finished a topic, go back to your list and highlight it again. If it’s the same colour, you need to keep practicing it. If you’ve done a yellow topic and it’s green, still practice but obviously not as much as the other yellow and red ones. Helpfully you will be able to get through all the topics in time for your exam, any by then you should helpfully have mostly green topics and a few yellow. Maybe one or two red, but definitely you should be more confident.

For each topic I would suggest watching YouTube videos to help you understand them more, and definitely ask your teachers for help. If you still don’t understand something, keep going over it until you do
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (99)
28.37%
No - I have already returned home (45)
12.89%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (67)
19.2%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (37)
10.6%
No - I live at home during term anyway (101)
28.94%

Watched Threads