GCM42
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
I want to go to Cambridge or LSE for economics. I am taking Maths, FM, Chem and Econ with an EPQ. I am a Y12 student - is there anything I should do to prepare? I've recently signed up for the NCH essay competition and am planning to start a society at school.
Last edited by GCM42; 3 weeks ago
simonmorrish
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Cambridge like "super-curricular" experience. Make sure the society your start is economics-related. Read relevant books and publications and make notes. Keep a record or journal of them, so you can pull them out next year when it's time to write your personal statement and go to interviews. Find some online or physical economics lectures and attend then. Maybe look for an Open University or FutureLearn course and do it. MIT also have a bunch of free course available online, but I don't know if they do economics.

You don't have to do all these things, but do some, and make sure you do things that you can relate to your course choice.

I hope that's helpful.
GCM42
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
(Original post by simonmorrish)
Cambridge like "super-curricular" experience. Make sure the society your start is economics-related. Read relevant books and publications and make notes. Keep a record or journal of them, so you can pull them out next year when it's time to write your personal statement and go to interviews. Find some online or physical economics lectures and attend then. Maybe look for an Open University or FutureLearn course and do it. MIT also have a bunch of free course available online, but I don't know if they do economics.

You don't have to do all these things, but do some, and make sure you do things that you can relate to your course choice.

I hope that's helpful.
Thank you for your response, it was helpful. I'll make sure to start doing these things.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (594)
33.96%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (728)
41.62%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (348)
19.9%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (79)
4.52%

Watched Threads