hootdoot04
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
hello TSR I know it was mostly my fault but during the GCSE 'period' I was recovering from Anorexia and spent a lot of my time going to CAMHS. I realise know that I should've tried harder (don't flame me in the comments) but I had to prioritise my health etc I got a 7 in Spanish, 5 in English Lang, 4s in (RE, Science, Eng lit, History) a BTEC pass in ICT and a 3 in Maths, currently resitting it. I'm healthy now and determined to do well at Alevels in the hopes of going on to a RG uni to study Modern Languages, I'm just a bit concerned my GCSEs are crap cos lots of people think As and Bs are bad
JustOneMoreThing
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
You can get into Uni no problem, just get that maths up and consider retaking lit.
Incede
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by hootdoot04)
hello TSR I know it was mostly my fault but during the GCSE 'period' I was recovering from Anorexia and spent a lot of my time going to CAMHS. I realise know that I should've tried harder (don't flame me in the comments) but I had to prioritise my health etc I got a 7 in Spanish, 5 in English Lang, 4s in (RE, Science, Eng lit, History) a BTEC pass in ICT and a 3 in Maths, currently resitting it. I'm healthy now and determined to do well at Alevels in the hopes of going on to a RG uni to study Modern Languages, I'm just a bit concerned my GCSEs are crap cos lots of people think As and Bs are bad
Considering you had extenuating circumstances they aren't bad at all. Just make sure the unis you are applying to know that you had extenuating circumstances and there's every chance you can get into an RG uni.
hootdoot04
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
(Original post by JustOneMoreThing)
You can get into Uni no problem, just get that maths up and consider retaking lit.
Thanks for your response! I'm retaking maths (gonna work my socks off and try to get a 5) but I don't have the chance to retake Lit
JustOneMoreThing
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by hootdoot04)
Thanks for your response! I'm retaking maths (gonna work my socks off and try to get a 5) but I don't have the chance to retake Lit
Alright then, as long as you’ve passed maths and English you’ll be fine for the majority of Unis.
jt_156
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Wouldn't say those r bad tbf. After a maths retake you should be fine
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (594)
33.96%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (728)
41.62%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (348)
19.9%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (79)
4.52%

Watched Threads