J11ke
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
I’ve been told I need to finish my EPQ presentation by January and haven’t started it yet. Anyone have advice on how to structure it, what to include and applications to lay it out?
SorenKingsman
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
The good news is, you do have time to finish it. The bad news is, to give more specific advice I'll have to know what you plan to write it about?
J11ke
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
(Original post by SorenKingsman)
The good news is, you do have time to finish it. The bad news is, to give more specific advice I'll have to know what you plan to write it about?
My question is ‘Have Bt and Sky reduced sport viewership in the Uk?’ I’m going to give a balanced argument for and against
alias12
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by J11ke)
I’ve been told I need to finish my EPQ presentation by January and haven’t started it yet. Anyone have advice on how to structure it, what to include and applications to lay it out?
I basically went for a list of headings I was going to discuss:

What my idea was and why I chose it
Research phase - why did I choose the sources I did, and what skills did I pick up
Writing phase - what my goals was, skills I picked up, basic summary of content
Reflection phase - how reflecting benefitted me and contributed to my A levels
How it tied into my subjects and transferrable skills
How it links to what I want to do in the future
Any Questions?

This is basically how I presented mine and I've been predicted an A* so hope this helps
alias12
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by J11ke)
I basically picked a number of headings to use at different stages and questions I wanted to answer. I ended up using Prezi to create it as this was a viable way to have everything on one page as it were.

The basic areas I looked at were:
What my question was and why I picked this topic
Basic aims/goals - what did I want to get out of doing an EPQ
Research phase - how did I find my sources, why did I pick the ones that I did, was there any problems and skills gained
Writing phase - what did I want to achieve, how did I plan, skills gained
Reflection phase - how did reflecting benefit me, what do I feel went well - and what didn't go well
Links - how did this link to my A Levels, how did this link to my future plans, transferrable skills
Any Questions section to open up the mandatory discussion

I'm predicted an A* in EPQ myself so hope this helps
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (595)
33.96%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (729)
41.61%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (349)
19.92%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (79)
4.51%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise