Want more information about this university?
rawToast
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
If i put UoB as my firm, how likely is it for me to get Battery Park or Chamberlain? Also are accommodations first come first serve?
Interea
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by rawToast)
If i put UoB as my firm, how likely is it for me to get Battery Park or Chamberlain? Also are accommodations first come first serve?
Usually you rank your top 6, and then they assign people (in a random order) to their highest ranked accommodation that is still available at that point, so you're likely to get one of your top 6, but it's pure luck if you get your top one. Chamberlain and Battery Park are both massive, so there is a decent chance there would still be space at one of them even if you got unlucky with the random order.
rawToast
Rep:
?
(Original post by Interea)
Usually you rank your top 6, and then they assign people (in a random order) to their highest ranked accommodation that is still available at that point, so you're likely to get one of your top 6, but it's pure luck if you get your top one. Chamberlain and Battery Park are both massive, so there is a decent chance there would still be space at one of them even if you got unlucky with the random order.
Thanks! Are they larger than the other accommodations at UoB? Bc i think they both would suit me the best.
Interea
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by rawToast)
Thanks! Are they larger than the other accommodations at UoB? Bc i think they both would suit me the best.
There are a few other big ones, but they're the main two big tower block type ones (although Chamberlain has some smaller blocks too). Battery Park is a bit further away from the uni, but a nice walk directly along the canal to campus/the train station and right next to a massive Sainsbury's, while Chamberlain is on the Vale (so think nice green area, big lake, less traffic noise than in Selly Oak, feels a little safer to walk to in the dark), but it is at the top of a hill which can be absolutely brutal after a long day at uni!
rawToast
Rep:
?
(Original post by Interea)
There are a few other big ones, but they're the main two big tower block type ones (although Chamberlain has some smaller blocks too). Battery Park is a bit further away from the uni, but a nice walk directly along the canal to campus/the train station and right next to a massive Sainsbury's, while Chamberlain is on the Vale (so think nice green area, big lake, less traffic noise than in Selly Oak, feels a little safer to walk to in the dark), but it is at the top of a hill which can be absolutely brutal after a long day at uni!
Thank you so much for the details!! I never knew that haha
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (594)
33.98%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (727)
41.59%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (348)
19.91%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (79)
4.52%

Watched Threads