Has anyone ever had a anal fissure ?

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I think this is what I have as it hurts so much when I poop like as if it’s ripped. Does it go away on its own if you eat a lot of fibre?

I keep putting off doing the toilet due to how much it hurts
Wired_1800
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I think this is what I have as it hurts so much when I poop like as if it’s ripped. Does it go away on its own if you eat a lot of fibre?

Eat foods rich in fibre and get some laxatives. If your problem persists, please see your GP.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Wired_1800)
Eat foods rich in fibre and get some laxatives. If your problem persists, please see your GP.
Okay thank you! How long should I wait too go to the doctors like I don’t want to go too soon but don’t want too wait too late if you know what I mean
Wired_1800
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Okay thank you! How long should I wait too go to the doctors like I don’t want to go too soon but don’t want too wait too late if you know what I mean
I think you should go as soon as possible. Call your gp or go to a&e.
Anonymous #1
You said if the problem persists before?
Wired_1800
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
You said if the problem persists before?
Generally the advice is for you to consume some fibre and then seek medical help if problem persists for more than 3 days. However, I dont know how bad your condition is.

I am also not a doctor or medical practitioner.

I dont want to give medical advice over the internet because I am not qualified to do so. If it was me, I would get some high fibre food and then take some low-grade laxatives like Dulcolax (seek advice from the pharmacist before purchase). If the issue persists, then go to the hospital to check if it something major.

Let us know how it goes.
black tea
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I really don't think this counts as either an accident or an emergency and warrants a visit to A&E!
Anonymous #2
Report 1 month ago
Yes I sometimes get it, and it is so painful and annoying.
Wired_1800
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by black tea)
I really don't think this counts as either an accident or an emergency and warrants a visit to A&E!
Chronic constipation may require him to go to the a&e. I think the OP needs to use laxatives first to hopefully loosen their stool.

https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/constipation/
black tea
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Chronic constipation may require him to go to the a&e. I think the OP needs to use laxatives first to hopefully loosen their stool.

https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/constipation/
The article advises seeing a pharmacist or GP, not going to A&E
Last edited by black tea; 1 month ago
-Eirlys-
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago

If it is torn, it needs some time to heal. Personally I would apply sudocrem to it regularly. If it doesn't go, speak to the GP or your pharmacy about it.

It may not even be a fissure, but piles, which can be painful too. Those can be treated with OTC medication.
Wired_1800
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by black tea)
The article advises seeing a pharmacist or GP, not going to A&E
For standard constipation, yes.
Mesopotamian.
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
OP you really should just book yourself an appointment with the GP. They are the most qualified people to advise you.
Anonymous #1
Generally the advice is for you to consume some fibre and then seek medical help if problem persists for more than 3 days. However, I dont know how bad your condition is.

I am also not a doctor or medical practitioner.

I dont want to give medical advice over the internet because I am not qualified to do so. If it was me, I would get some high fibre food and then take some low-grade laxatives like Dulcolax (seek advice from the pharmacist before purchase). If the issue persists, then go to the hospital to check if it something major.

Let us know how it goes.
Okay thanks
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Mesopotamian.)
OP you really should just book yourself an appointment with the GP. They are the most qualified people to advise you.
Yeah I agree, just due to COVID I’d rather not go which is why I checked if anyone knew first
Anonymous #1
(Original post by -Eirlys-)
If it is torn, it needs some time to heal. Personally I would apply sudocrem to it regularly. If it doesn't go, speak to the GP or your pharmacy about it.

It may not even be a fissure, but piles, which can be painful too. Those can be treated with OTC medication.
Okay thank you very much!!
Anonymous #3
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Mesopotamian.)
Apart from a proctologist or a sex clinic. It will be useful to see what help this person gets if they do get medical attention.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (130)
28.51%
No - I have already returned home (62)
13.6%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (89)
19.52%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (42)
9.21%
No - I live at home during term anyway (133)
29.17%

Watched Threads