The Student Room Group

i don't know how to catch up

i'm in year 13 and i feel so overwhelmed and behind on my a levels, my predicted grades are too low and i don't know what to do i don't know how to get back on track
Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous
i'm in year 13 and i feel so overwhelmed and behind on my a levels, my predicted grades are too low and i don't know what to do i don't know how to get back on track

Hi, I'm sorry your feeling this way! You still have time so take a deep breath and sit down and make a plan.. what subject do you struggle with the most, which is your easiest subject and then lay out a month plan for revision, start working on past papers so you can see which areas are the hardest of each subject!

You've got this don't worry!
First of all breath, is there someone not on the internet that you can speak to, a tutor, teacher, parent or friend?
Second- can you collect all the information on what you need to do and use a Callander to backtrack to now what you will have to get done each week so that you can have a clear understanding/expectations for what needs to be done.

Personally I would mindmap/ spaff info on a page then use colour codes to figure out what is the most time-consuming tasks order them into importance/time taken and see what help you can get from external sources, what you can do your self and what may need to be dropped (if appropriate) This may be intimidating to start off with but i find if you can work on what ever you have to do chunk by chunk it helps with avoiding feeling so overwhelmed.
Original post by meaghan sharp
First of all breath, is there someone not on the internet that you can speak to, a tutor, teacher, parent or friend?
Second- can you collect all the information on what you need to do and use a Callander to backtrack to now what you will have to get done each week so that you can have a clear understanding/expectations for what needs to be done.

Personally I would mindmap/ spaff info on a page then use colour codes to figure out what is the most time-consuming tasks order them into importance/time taken and see what help you can get from external sources, what you can do your self and what may need to be dropped (if appropriate) This may be intimidating to start off with but i find if you can work on what ever you have to do chunk by chunk it helps with avoiding feeling so overwhelmed.

thank you this is rly helpful actually
i am talking to the pastoral staff at school on monday so hopefully we can figure something out, and i have been talking to my parents about it too, i think i am going to get a tutor to help :smile:
Original post by user1357
thank you this is rly helpful actually
i am talking to the pastoral staff at school on monday so hopefully we can figure something out, and i have been talking to my parents about it too, i think i am going to get a tutor to help :smile:

Glad that talking to your family went well and they are supportive. I have used tutors in the past to help me pass certain exams and almost always found it helpful. It's a different kind of relations ship to having a teacher as the content/time is focused entirely on how you individually learn.

I would be interested to hear how and what the pastoral team at your school can offer. My hope is that they too are supportive. Good luck and keep going!

Quick Reply

Latest