Uni of Glasgow IMSISS Application (MInt)

Watch
MauriceTony
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Hey! I'm also waiting for a decision. Refreshing my inbox every 5 mins or so haha
Ololade1
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by MauriceTony)
Hey! I'm also waiting for a decision. Refreshing my inbox every 5 mins or so haha
I'm glad to know I'm not the only one stuck in that circle of checking my email at every interval. I also check my application status on Applicant Self-service almost every 5 minutes🤣🤣🤣
jcminihan
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
I just heard back - alas, 'twas a rejection. Apparently "Your undergraduate degree and/or its content is not suitable for the program you have applied for.", which I had suspected. Thankfully, I still have my top choice (UCL). Good luck to the rest of you applicants, and to those of you that get on the course, enjoy - it sounds like a fantastic experience!
MauriceTony
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Sucks to hear. I'm worried I'll have your same fate since I have a bachelor's degree in engineering. Which country were you applying from?

(Original post by jcminihan)
I just heard back - alas, 'twas a rejection. Apparently "Your undergraduate degree and/or its content is not suitable for the program you have applied for.", which I had suspected. Thankfully, I still have my top choice (UCL). Good luck to the rest of you applicants, and to those of you that get on the course, enjoy - it sounds like a fantastic experience!
jcminihan
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
Sucks to hear. I'm worried I'll have your same fate since I have a bachelor's degree in engineering. Which country were you applying from?
UK! It's a bit weird, they'd mentioned every course pretty much barring Natural/Physical Sciences in their entry requirements:
"politics, international relations, history, area and cultural studies, law, sociology, criminology, human geography, computing science, language sciences, global studies, psychology, media studies and journalism, modern languages or business... Academic backgrounds on the fields of engineering and computer science will be considered for Pathway A only"

That last sentence does give me hope for you. Good luck!
MauriceTony
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by jcminihan)
UK! It's a bit weird, they'd mentioned every course pretty much barring Natural/Physical Sciences in their entry requirements:
"politics, international relations, history, area and cultural studies, law, sociology, criminology, human geography, computing science, language sciences, global studies, psychology, media studies and journalism, modern languages or business... Academic backgrounds on the fields of engineering and computer science will be considered for Pathway A only"

That last sentence does give me hope for you. Good luck!
Just got a rejection with the same reason they gave you. This is insane. Why say that engineering can be considered for Pathway A and make me go through all the trouble of applying if you're not gonna consider me because I'm an engineer. Is there any way to appeal these decisions?
jcminihan
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Just got a rejection with the same reason they gave you. This is insane. Why say that engineering can be considered for Pathway A and make me go through all the trouble of applying if you're not gonna consider me because I'm an engineer. Is there any way to appeal these decisions?
That's disappointing, I'm sorry to hear that! I guess you should just email the IMSISS email address and query it?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Which of these would you use to help with making uni decisions?

Webinars (62)
12.94%
Virtual campus tours/open days (111)
23.17%
Live streaming events (44)
9.19%
Online AMAs/guest lectures (46)
9.6%
A uni comparison tool (109)
22.76%
An in-person event when available (107)
22.34%