EvieDR14
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
I feel pressured by my sixth form to apply to unis, I want to do an art foundation course first, I’m not sure I want to do fine art. Should I apply anyway and defer for a year? Or is it still easy to apply after completing a foundation? I’m worried about applying next year without any colleges help.

Thanks
Caz1234567
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Hey, I'm currently in year 13 and I get what you mean by the pressure. I've decided to take a gap year and apply next year with my actual a level grades instead of applying and deferring for a year. This is because I don't want to spend time stressing over my application right now and I can focus on getting the grades I need. But it's totally up to you, it's a very personal decision! I have no clue what I'm going to do in my gap year and it's a bit scary but I know that taking a gap year is the right thing for me. As for a foundation year, it might be better to go to open days and research etc. to see if art is the right course for you rather than paying like £9,000 for a foundation year plus living costs etc. In my opinion a foundation year isn't worth it. But like I said before, different things work better for different people, only you know what you want to do. So just think about what you really want to do and do that! Hope this helps!

(Original post by EvieDR14)
I feel pressured by my sixth form to apply to unis, I want to do an art foundation course first, I’m not sure I want to do fine art. Should I apply anyway and defer for a year? Or is it still easy to apply after completing a foundation? I’m worried about applying next year without any colleges help.

Thanks
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (289)
55.79%
I don't have everything I need (229)
44.21%

Watched Threads