confusada
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Hello!

I can't seem to find enough information on what to do to get into graduate vet med. I am currently a second year student studying Medical Physiology. I was wondering when was the best time to start looking for work experience, and how much I need, to get in. Any other advice would be much appreciated.

I have read what the unis require but I would like to know how to stand out.
Last edited by confusada; 4 weeks ago
TheWannabeFarmer
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Ensure your degree is counted for the post-graduate programs. Most want a bioveterinary or zoology type degree, not to say a medical physiology degree would not be accepted but they may wonder why it is you have gone down a human healthcare route instead of animals?

I would definitely start looking for work experience now - you may not find it so easily due to COVID and placements may have a large backlog of students they have all promised placements too.
There is no hard fast answer as to how much placement, universities have their minimums (typically around 4-5 weeks) but they are just that. You will stand out as a better applicant the more you can do. It will be visibly apparent at interview who showed up for 3 weeks of placement and left at 2pm and those who worked the hours and learned the most.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (711)
33.95%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (895)
42.74%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (395)
18.86%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (93)
4.44%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed