what is the best way to revise gcse maths quicker?

Watch
farhan_mehmood1
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
I have my gcse maths resit coming up this week with three papers. and i was wondering what the fastest way there is to revise for them?.
The way i've been revising is through corbett maths.com, where there are questions i practice but i've also got flashcards where i follow the way how to answer the questions.
is that a good way to revise, or are there any other techniques i could use? if so, that would be great!!!
Liverpool Hope University
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by farhan_mehmood1)
I have my gcse maths resit coming up this week with three papers. and i was wondering what the fastest way there is to revise for them?.
The way i've been revising is through corbett maths.com, where there are questions i practice but i've also got flashcards where i follow the way how to answer the questions.
is that a good way to revise, or are there any other techniques i could use? if so, that would be great!!!
Hi farhan_mehmood1 :hello:

During my studies, I found that a good way to revise was to remember - 'Study SMART Not Long.'

SMART stands for:
o Set yourself goals.
o Make study techniques that promote greater results.
o Ask for help.
o Reward yourself for progress.
o Take a Break.

S: Set yourself goals for study. For example, make up an exam/essay question and work towards answering it.
M: Remember VARK. Are you a Visual learner, Audio learner, Reading learner or Kinetic learner. Use study techniques that will promote the best learning for yourself.
A: If you are struggling with anything ask your teacher for help. Their job is to help you with your studies. Alternatively, use study guides or the internet to help breakdown tough subjects.
R: When you hit your goals, complete work and meet important deadlines reward yourself with treats. For example, make watching an episode of your favourite show your reward for completing tasks.
T: When you’ve finished studying take breaks. Go for a walk, hang with friends or get a cup of tea and watch TV. It’s important not to overdo revising.

Studying in this way can help you develop a health work/life balance and figure out which way of revising works best for you!

I hope this helps. If you have any questions, feel free to ask!

Melissa
SchrödingerzCat
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
EXAM QUESTIONS !! i hate the stupid things but doing exam style questions will help you more than you think, as you get used to the wording of the questions and can practice thinking about what you need to do.
https://www.physicsandmathstutor.com/
this website will save your life xoxo
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (658)
33.47%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (836)
42.52%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (383)
19.48%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (89)
4.53%

Watched Threads