The Student Room Group

Hating univeristy

I have always been so excited to come to university all my life. Everyone hyped it up so much, everyone in my family went to univeristy and spoke of their experiences which made me so excited. Now that I'm here I miss home so so so much every single day, I can't go a day without crying. I can't concentrate on work and my appetite is non existence. I've been like this for 6 weeks now and I just don't know what to do because it's not getting any better. I have good friends here but it doesn't change the way I feel. I just feel trapped, i'm not keen on the area and I miss my home town. Theres so much pressure for me to get a degree, all my friends are at univeristies and I had good grades all theoughout school. I just feel numb and that this is not my life, like i'm waiting for my life to begin wishing for this feeling to end. I used to be so outgoing, confident and had a laugh constantly loving life. Now everyday is a struggle and I don't know how to cope.
Original post by Anonymous
I have always been so excited to come to university all my life. Everyone hyped it up so much, everyone in my family went to univeristy and spoke of their experiences which made me so excited. Now that I'm here I miss home so so so much every single day, I can't go a day without crying. I can't concentrate on work and my appetite is non existence. I've been like this for 6 weeks now and I just don't know what to do because it's not getting any better. I have good friends here but it doesn't change the way I feel. I just feel trapped, i'm not keen on the area and I miss my home town. Theres so much pressure for me to get a degree, all my friends are at univeristies and I had good grades all theoughout school. I just feel numb and that this is not my life, like i'm waiting for my life to begin wishing for this feeling to end. I used to be so outgoing, confident and had a laugh constantly loving life. Now everyday is a struggle and I don't know how to cope.

Hi

I'm sorry to hear that you're not enjoying your time at university at the moment.

Everyone's experience of university is completely different and many people struggle to adjust.

I would highly recommend getting in touch with the support services at your university. By no means will be be the only person who has felt this way so they are well placed to help you through this difficult time. Settling into university can be tricky - but there are always people there to listen and help you through.

I hope this helps! If you have any questions, just ask.

Melissa :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest