The Student Room Group

Skin care

I have oily and acne prone skin so if anyone knows a serum product perfect match for my skin, pls let me know!! I've tried a lot of products, gone through breakouts and I cant seem to find a product best fit for my skin
i've used simple face wash on my skin. Its designed for sensitive skin and its not too harsh. I've also heard CeraVe is good for acne- prone skin. hope this helps :smile:
(edited 3 years ago)
A few months ago I broke out very badly, badly enough to contact my doctor to ask for advice. He recommended me use a La Roche-Posay face wash, which is perfect for oily skin as it removes more of the oils than other brands. I did use it but unfortunately I have combination skin (some oily parts, some dry) and it wasn't ideal for me as it caused me to have overdry skin, but it has very good reviews so it may work better for you. The doctor also prescribed me another cream with some medication in it, so if you are overly worried I'd contact your doctor to see if they could prescribe you something like that.

I'm quite big on skincare overall and my current combination I use is Olay products - a face wash 2x a day, day lotion and night cream. They have different types of each product specifically for oily or dry skin etc, so I use a dry skin face wash and a sensitive skin lotion, so far my skin has stayed relatively clear. But I'd first try La Roche-Posay in your case, and maybe a cream at least once a day that is designed for acne-prone or sensitive skin to not overdry.
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 3
Original post by RambleAmple
A few months ago I broke out very badly, badly enough to contact my doctor to ask for advice. He recommended me use a La Roche-Posay face wash, which is perfect for oily skin as it removes more of the oils than other brands. I did use it but unfortunately I have combination skin (some oily parts, some dry) and it wasn't ideal for me as it caused me to have overdry skin, but it has very good reviews so it may work better for you. The doctor also prescribed me another cream with some medication in it, so if you are overly worried I'd contact your doctor to see if they could prescribe you something like that.

I'm quite big on skincare overall and my current combination I use is Olay products - a face wash 2x a day, day lotion and night cream. They have different types of each product specifically for oily or dry skin etc, so I use a dry skin face wash and a sensitive skin lotion, so far my skin has stayed relatively clear. But I'd first try La Roche-Posay in your case, and maybe a cream at least once a day that is designed for acne-prone or sensitive skin to not overdry.

I tried Olay and it doesn't work out on my skin. I'll look into La Roche-Posay or maybe I should go to derma for consultation so I can stop the trial and error
Original post by huenicorn9
I tried Olay and it doesn't work out on my skin. I'll look into La Roche-Posay or maybe I should go to derma for consultation so I can stop the trial and error

I think skincare can be a bit of trial and error when just trying things out for yourself - I change mine up once in a while and see what's working and what isn't, I also quite like face washes/scrubs with tea tree oil in it which I sometimes use for one of my washes a day. I didn't go to a dermatologist as such, but just had a phone consultation with a GP who likes a focus on skin issues, it is a better bet than trial and error I agree as different brands and products work differently for different people so they will be able to help you better than just recommendations, but yes he did recommend La Roche-Posay if you're looking for a last try beforehand it may be worth it.
Original post by huenicorn9
I have oily and acne prone skin so if anyone knows a serum product perfect match for my skin, pls let me know!! I've tried a lot of products, gone through breakouts and I cant seem to find a product best fit for my skin

If it's a serum rather than cleanser you're after, have you considered retinol? Nip + Fab do a retinol serum which I use 2/3 times a week at night and it works well on my oily, acne-prone skin.

Quick Reply

Latest