Ao1210
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
I withdrew from my course in the first year (2019-2020). I didn’t complete the year, and so recieved no qualifications. Because of this, I can’t specify what course I did on UCAS - I really want to talk about the previous course and my experience in uni. What shall I do?
Last edited by Ao1210; 4 weeks ago
McGinger
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Ao1210)
I withdrew from my course in the first year (2019-2020). I didn’t complete the year, and so recieved no qualifications. Because of this, I can’t specify what course I did on UCAS - I really want to talk about the course and my experience in uni. What shall I do?
Add it to 'education' - ie. as of your 'schools'. It doesnt matter that you dont have a qualification from it. If you want to talk about it in your PS thats okay, but it should be about the course or why you want to switch courses etc, not negative stuff about 'why I left' - leave that to your referee to put in the reference.
Ao1210
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
(Original post by McGinger)
Add it to 'education' - ie. as of your 'schools'. It doesnt matter that you dont have a qualification from it. If you want to talk about it in your PS thats okay, but it should be about the course or why you want to switch courses etc, not negative stuff about 'why I left' - leave that to your referee to put in the reference.
Thanks
I was doing an engineering subject previously, but I want to apply to another engineering discipline, so there's a bit of an overlap. Can I talk about the things I learnt that will be useful? I want to apply to the same university as the one I previously studied in, so will it be a hindrance to my application that I withdrew (even though I have the required A-level grades)?
Last edited by Ao1210; 4 weeks ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (726)
33.81%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (920)
42.85%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (407)
18.96%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (94)
4.38%

Watched Threads