ksf
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Hi I need some help. I'm currently in my first year of college and I really want to be in the police force. I'm really passionate about the drug problem in the UK and my main aim is to be in the police force and stop drugs from entering the country on a large scale. For example in a month back the police managed to stop a huge haul of cocaine entering the country. I'm studying Psychology, Chemistry and History (yes its a mixture 🤣). I want to study criminology at A level but im wondering if there are any specific courses that have parts that talk about organised crime and other things like that. And also whether a degree in criminology will be enough for me to enter into the police force?
Thanks
Arden University
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Hi there,

I am currently studying a Criminology and Psychology degree and am in my 3rd year. While my degree is a mixture of both psychology and criminology based modules, the modules that cover criminology are very much related to areas that are helpful in your progression to working in the police force. Some examples of modules I have covered include the police and its forces, crime and society etc. A lot of these modules look deep into police and how they work to fight crime in different areas. One module focused on the criminal justice system as a whole and really informed you on the laws that police have to abide by. Completing a criminology degree would be really beneficial for you in becoming a part of the police force

Toni,
Student Ambassador
ksf
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Arden University)
Hi there,

I am currently studying a Criminology and Psychology degree and am in my 3rd year. While my degree is a mixture of both psychology and criminology based modules, the modules that cover criminology are very much related to areas that are helpful in your progression to working in the police force. Some examples of modules I have covered include the police and its forces, crime and society etc. A lot of these modules look deep into police and how they work to fight crime in different areas. One module focused on the criminal justice system as a whole and really informed you on the laws that police have to abide by. Completing a criminology degree would be really beneficial for you in becoming a part of the police force

Toni,
Student Ambassador
Wow that sounds really interesting which university are you doing that at?
Arden University
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by ksf)
Wow that sounds really interesting which university are you doing that at?
Arden University! I am completing this through distance learning and this may be an option you may want to think about due to the current situations we are going through!
Here are a few links for you to have a look at:
https://arden.ac.uk/our-courses/subject/criminology-law

One example of the degree's you may be interested in:
https://arden.ac.uk/our-courses/dist...iminal-justice

Toni,
Student Ambassador
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (630)
33.65%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (787)
42.04%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (371)
19.82%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (84)
4.49%

Watched Threads