Hlp pls! Need good authentic recipe for jalfrezi/dhansak

Watch
candydiva
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Hello ppl, when I was studying in the UK my friends took me to the curry houses and u know it was gr8! Best thing about study abroad..lol! But I'm back home now.

I'm from a Latina fam..we have good food but u know it's not Indian or Pakistani style. U know USA doesn't have many good curry places compared with other foods.

I am looking the jars of fake jalfrezi here in the supermarket and they suck... I can't take it any more.

I need to make a real curry from scratch. Pls can someone recommend a good jalfrezi/dhansak recipe. If u are from subcontinent and have authentic first-hand xperience extra bonus I use urs first! There must be subcontinent ppl here on TSR. Help!
londonmyst
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I've got a few.
Do you prefer vegetarian or meat recipes?

Indian cuisine loving friends are big fans of chicken dhansak and vegetable jalfrezi.
I prefer beef vindaloo and phal, a lot more chilli heat.
candydiva
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
I agree with u. Heat is best and phal is great. Buut u know how it is I'm going to cook for fam and they r not used to that.

I like chicken or fish for the curry.
ReadingMum
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I have never found a decent Dhansak recipe where the ingredients list fits on just 1 page and the jars are rubbish.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (712)
33.95%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (897)
42.78%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (395)
18.84%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (93)
4.43%

Watched Threads