Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
Basically I'm sick of feeling like **** all the time and just want to get some help. I want to know anyone's experiences go getting a therapist and just dealing with depression, anxiety etc because it's ruining my life and any future goals. I don't know how to describe it and I don't want to make excuses but I just feel so down and unmotivated - I eat well, sleep enough, have regular exercise and I still can't focus or just enjoy anything.
hannahbailley10
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Basically I'm sick of feeling like **** all the time and just want to get some help. I want to know anyone's experiences go getting a therapist and just dealing with depression, anxiety etc because it's ruining my life and any future goals. I don't know how to describe it and I don't want to make excuses but I just feel so down and unmotivated - I eat well, sleep enough, have regular exercise and I still can't focus or just enjoy anything.
Hey!
I'm just about to leave CAMHS, about to be discharged from a ward, and transition into the adult section of mental health services. I've had a couple of *****y experiences within the service, in terms of continuity issues with therapists - I think it depends on where you live too in relation to this. My main suggestion would be to engage with EVERYTHING that gets given to you. I know that somethings might sound stupid and feel like theres no point to them but theres always a reason!!!!!!
I understand how hard depression feels and the way it impacts you life but I promise theres a light at the end of the tunnel - as cliche as it sounds. It does get easier, you just have to start the conversation and continue pursuing a relationship with your therapist and allocated team.
I'm sending you all my best wishes and hope that it turns out good for you.
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
(Original post by hannahbailley10)
Hey!
I'm just about to leave CAMHS, about to be discharged from a ward, and transition into the adult section of mental health services. I've had a couple of *****y experiences within the service, in terms of continuity issues with therapists - I think it depends on where you live too in relation to this. My main suggestion would be to engage with EVERYTHING that gets given to you. I know that somethings might sound stupid and feel like theres no point to them but theres always a reason!!!!!!
I understand how hard depression feels and the way it impacts you life but I promise theres a light at the end of the tunnel - as cliche as it sounds. It does get easier, you just have to start the conversation and continue pursuing a relationship with your therapist and allocated team.
I'm sending you all my best wishes and hope that it turns out good for you.
Thank you! I'm glad to hear that things get easier, it's good to know that people who have struggled with this have hope for the future x
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (513)
33.75%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (627)
41.25%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (311)
20.46%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (69)
4.54%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise