Recommendation for a fast android smartphone in UK

Watch
Adward0010
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
Hi, I need a smartphone with a fast processor, high RAM and 5G support. The phone should be available in UK. I have considered TCL mobile UK as a option and want to explore more options. Any recommendations or suggestions from personal experiences would mean alot.
Thanks studentroom community!
bIuewolf21
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Adward0010)
Hi, I need a smartphone with a fast processor, high RAM and 5G support. The phone should be available in UK. I have considered TCL mobile UK as a option and want to explore more options. Any recommendations or suggestions from personal experiences would mean alot.
Thanks studentroom community!
What's your budget, and what features are important to you(other than performance)?
tinygirl96
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Tell us more
Adward0010
Rep:
?
(Original post by bIuewolf21)
What's your budget, and what features are important to you(other than performance)?
My budget is 300-400£. Something that is not very big in size and easy to carry with good camera and other specs like good battery 4500mah at least, sufficient internal memory. Basic stuff that makes a phone excellent for use.
bIuewolf21
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
My budget is 300-400£. Something that is not very big in size and easy to carry with good camera and other specs like good battery 4500mah at least, sufficient internal memory. Basic stuff that makes a phone excellent for use.
What would be the max limit for how big it can be?
Adward0010
Rep:
?
(Original post by tinygirl96)
Tell us more
My budget is 300-400£. Something that is not very big in size and easy to carry with good camera and other specs like good battery 4500mah at least, sufficient internal memory. Basic stuff that makes a phone excellent for use. What do you say about tcl 5 g by TCL mobile UK? Please share your valuable experience.
Gofre
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
The Pixel 4A meets all your requirements besides battery capacity, but thanks to the sub-6" screen and power efficient processor it still packs solid battery life that will happily last a day of solid use. The issue is if you look for something more powerful and with a bigger battery at this price point, screen sizes jump way up and camera quality is almost always compromised. The OnePlus Nord is probably the next best option, with a 6.4" display that's a bit more manageable than the 6.7" or larger displays that most Android phones have, but it is still quite large. The primary camera is decent while the secondary ones, like most phones at this price, are forgettable.

You can read more about my recommendations at this price point in my phone guide here;
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho...73&postcount=4
Adward0010
Rep:
?
Noted with thanks.
Adward0010
Rep:
?
@Gofre noted with thanks
Adward0010
Rep:
?
(Original post by bIuewolf21)
What would be the max limit for how big it can be?
not too big. Good to carry like a medium height, width android.
bIuewolf21
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
I'd go with the Pixel 4a like Gofre suggested then. The battery capacity isn't as big as you're asking for, but it should still get you through a full day, and you can always buy a power bank if it's going to be a problem.
Gofre
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Bare in mind that the "medium" smartphone size has ballooned a lot in a very short space of time. For example taking the regular model of the main flagship lines in 2018 (so not the Mini/Lite or the XL/Pro/Max versions, just the baseline model like the iPhone XS or Galaxy S9) of nine of the most popular brands in the UK (Apple, Samsung, Huawei, Sony, LG, Xiaomi, OnePlus, Google and Motorola), the average size of a flagship screen was 5.9". In 2020 that same average is now a little over 6.4", a huge increase given how it's measured diagonally, with phones under 6" now being considered the territory of small or compact phones only two years after being the relative norm. In fact a regular 2020 flagship will be larger than even a Pro/Max/XL flagship from almost any brand two years ago. This is the point where I would normally say go into a phone shop and try phones of different sizes and see what you like the feel of, but that's not really an option anymore.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (597)
33.9%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (734)
41.68%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (351)
19.93%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (79)
4.49%

Watched Threads