Want more information about this university?

Can I get onto a primary teaching QTS degree without my science GCSE

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I’m in year thirteen and have always wanted to do primary teaching. I have been told to take an early years course instead as universities probably won’t accept me onto QTS courses without my science GCSE. But I don’t want to just teach early years. I am aware that I can take the longer route and do a PGCE but I’ve had my heart set on the QTS especially at Roehampton.
Leahtaylor125
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
from my own research, I believe you have to have 1 science at a grade 4 or above. you could possibly take an equivalent GCSE science course online or just email admissions?
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Thank you, yeah I could take that but the thing is they’d need it in time for December for UCAS. I haven’t done science in like 2 years so I’m not sure if I’ll pass the first time
Leahtaylor125
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Thank you, yeah I could take that but the thing is they’d need it in time for December for UCAS. I haven’t done science in like 2 years so I’m not sure if I’ll pass the first time
they quite often make it so you'd have to pass by next September. cgp and Collins do good science books x
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (107)
28.31%
No - I have already returned home (50)
13.23%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (71)
18.78%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (39)
10.32%
No - I live at home during term anyway (111)
29.37%

Watched Threads