Can you transfer to normal university third year after doing second year at Open Uni?

Watch
Paisley99
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Thinking of transferring after second year.
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Paisley99)
Thinking of transferring after second year.
Up to the uni, in most cases it will be a no, unless you have enough funding left and they offer you a second year start.
GabiAbi84
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Unlikely to be accepted into third year. Possibly accepted into second year but it all depends on the university.
McGinger
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Unis never accept for third year entry - think about it, why should you walk out with their degree when you've done 2/3rds of it somewhere else?

You might get accepted for Year 2 entry, but Year 1 entry is far more likely.
Contact some Unis, explain what you want to do, give them full details if the OU you have done with unit titles, credit values and your results.
Paisley99
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
(Original post by McGinger)
Unis never accept for third year entry - think about it, why should you walk out with their degree when you've done 2/3rds of it somewhere else?

You might get accepted for Year 2 entry, but Year 1 entry is far more likely.
Contact some Unis, explain what you want to do, give them full details if the OU you have done with unit titles, credit values and your results.
Good idea sounds reasonable. I’ve done a year at a brick uni already though. And I’d go back to the same one.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (622)
33.73%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (776)
42.08%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (364)
19.74%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (82)
4.45%

Watched Threads