lilycgbcd
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hey guys so I am currently studying for Sociology in Year 12 and we have November mocks, we are studying the family and households but I was just wondering do you need to remember all of the study’s or just the most important ones. For example, there are some people called “Brayfield” and “Graham Allen” and “Rapoport and Rapoport” but I’m not sure whether these people are actually that beneficial when it comes to exams, so should I just try and remeber all the researches or just the most common ones, thank you! 😊
saji13
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hiya,
when I did my sociology A level mocks in year 12, I didn't actually know too many details of a lot of study's, I would suggest you focus on the main ones, and really know them well. But also if you can, it is always beneficial to know of more studies, just don't burn yourself out memorising all of them. Mark wise, you won't lose any if you don't mention other studies, it's better to have focussed quality essays than a huge but brief quantity of different studies. Hope this helps x
AND good luck in your mocks
Last edited by saji13; 1 month ago
itss_rxxth
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by lilycgbcd)
Hey guys so I am currently studying for Sociology in Year 12 and we have November mocks, we are studying the family and households but I was just wondering do you need to remember all of the study’s or just the most important ones. For example, there are some people called “Brayfield” and “Graham Allen” and “Rapoport and Rapoport” but I’m not sure whether these people are actually that beneficial when it comes to exams, so should I just try and remeber all the researches or just the most common ones, thank you! 😊
hi there. I too study sociology and I also have mocks in November. I'm in yr 11 tho, but I struggle with terms such as 'rapport and rapport' so yh dw i totally understand uu. there is a good website called: tutor2u so you can study sociology on it and ask any questions that uu are stuck on. I really hope this helpsss! 😊😊

best wishes for ur mocks in November. X
\^_^/
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
what exam board
University of Portsmouth Student Rep
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Hello,

I currently study Sociology at uni and did Sociology in year 12. Mocks wise, they will probably just expect you to know the most common ones, so if you know them well and then can add in a couple that could be applied to multiple questions, this will help you have an edge as it will give you more points. If you can memorise them by listing their names and the basic theory they correspond with, this should help. I memorised them by this way, and its always good to have some extra sociologists at hand to bump up your mark. However, if you're struggling, you don't need to go into huge detail, just maybe have someone you can use to criticise the most common ones so you have a two-sided argument.

Sophie - Official Student Rep
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (99)
28.45%
No - I have already returned home (45)
12.93%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (67)
19.25%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (36)
10.34%
No - I live at home during term anyway (101)
29.02%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed