miorel16.8
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
Hi everyone,

I have a very stressful situation. I applied for a Masters degree this year, with all this uncertain context. I applied for a postgraduate loan, I sent the application form and the national ID. They requested an original national ID. I could chose between the Passport and the other ID. I need the passport so I sent the other one. Now they say I didn't and that without sending them my original ID I won't benefit from the loan. I am trying to get a full time job to be able to pay at least in part the tuition fee. I won't be able to pay all the tuition fee unless I switch to part time at MA at Uni. I called student finance a lot of times, they always postpone me and say next week, next week. I am really afraid of not falling into a scam trap. They tell me they won't approve my loan without an original ID, I won't send them the passport no matter what they say. I don't know what to do. I sent my documents on 7 of September and I still am stuck in this situation. I need to move on.
What should I do?

Sorry for such a long one, I am really stressed. I don't want to do a scandal because it will be worse for me.
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by miorel16.8)
Hi everyone,

I have a very stressful situation. I applied for a Masters degree this year, with all this uncertain context. I applied for a postgraduate loan, I sent the application form and the national ID. They requested an original national ID. I could chose between the Passport and the other ID. I need the passport so I sent the other one. Now they say I didn't and that without sending them my original ID I won't benefit from the loan. I am trying to get a full time job to be able to pay at least in part the tuition fee. I won't be able to pay all the tuition fee unless I switch to part time at MA at Uni. I called student finance a lot of times, they always postpone me and say next week, next week. I am really afraid of not falling into a scam trap. They tell me they won't approve my loan without an original ID, I won't send them the passport no matter what they say. I don't know what to do. I sent my documents on 7 of September and I still am stuck in this situation. I need to move on.
What should I do?

Sorry for such a long one, I am really stressed. I don't want to do a scandal because it will be worse for me.
Did you send your original ID in a signed for service so you can prove it was received?
SFE have to verify who you are because there are lots of fraudulent applications.
Presumably if you are here now, then take a copy plus send your passport by special delivery, which means the PO tracks it.
If you wont send them your passport, then you wont get a loan.

You should check to see if they will accept a certified copy?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (538)
33.96%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (651)
41.1%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (322)
20.33%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (73)
4.61%

Watched Threads