32nd TSR General Election - Cast Your Vote!

Watch
Poll: Cast your vote in the 32nd TSR General Election
TSR Liberal Democrat Party (28)
20.29%
TSR Citizen's Party (8)
5.8%
TSR Labour Party (34)
24.64%
TSR Conservative and Unionist Party (36)
26.09%
TSR Libertarian Party (30)
21.74%
Spoilt Ballot (2)
1.45%
Andrew97
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Voting is now open in the 32nd TSR general election! You have a choice of five parties to choose from, whose manifestos are displayed below. These results will then be transformed into the new parliament for the Model House of Commons.

All TSR users can vote, provided they have 100 posts on TSR and their account is at least 3 months old. If you aren't sure whether that applies to you, please vote anyway, and any ineligible votes will be filtered out at a later stage.

If you aren't able to vote in the TSR poll, you are able to do so 'postally' by sending a PM to both me and the deputy speaker, CatusStarbright.

Happy voting!

TSR Liberal Democrat Party

TSR Citizen’s Party

TSR Labour Party

TSR Conseravative and Unionist Party

TSR Libertarian Party
Last edited by Andrew97; 4 weeks ago
Miss Maddie
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Jammy Duel
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Not 32nd?

Anyway, question to all: given just how poor everybody was at acting on their manifesto last term why should anybody pay attention to your manifesto, especially the Tories who u-turned on manifesto policy and the CP who voted against manifesto policy?

It's good to see that most of the house has finally caught up with us on the idea that closing schools is a bad idea, even if it has taken them half the year to work it out, sadly it appears keeping schools open isn't a high priority for the Liberals, they seem to prefer just going for yet more tax and spend.

What happened to the supposed fiscal conservatism in the Tory manifesto, is this tacit confirmation the Chancellor hasn't got a clue how to fix his mess and/or simply can't be bothered?

Labour says they respect the referendum result but will also refuse to leave in January if there is no deal. Couple of things, which one is it given the two are, in practice, mutually exclusive? How does Labour intend on having us remain in the EU when we left 9 months ago?

The Liberals want to improve support for men's mental health, do they believe it is good enough for women already or do they just not care about women?
Last edited by Jammy Duel; 4 weeks ago
Aph
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Reserved
Unown Uzer
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Unown Uzer.png
NO to PC.pngImmigration.pngHousing.pngLaw & Order.pngEducation.pngTransport.pngHealth.pngvote tory.jpg
Attached files
Last edited by Unown Uzer; 4 weeks ago
Bailey14
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I must admit the Libertarians are miles ahead on design. Love it.
Jammy Duel
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Why am I not surprised to see the CP pushing mistruths? Nothing new there.
04MR17
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Here we are again.

Best of luck to all parties running, I hope this election can be fought fairly and cleanly.

I'm also very grateful to all those who are voting for the Citizen's at this election.

I look forward to reviewing the manifestos and asking questions of party leaders in the coming days.

Last edited by 04MR17; 4 weeks ago
Bailey14
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Watching You)
Did the other part of the Labour manifesto get lost at the sorting office?
No.
Last edited by Bailey14; 4 weeks ago
Andrew97
Rep:
?
(Original post by Bailey14)
By the looks of it
Doesn’t look right to me either. Give me a minute
Rakas21
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Glory to the Tories.

Will read them over the weekend but from a colour/layout perspective the Liberal and Libertarian manifestos caught the eye most albeit i think the Libertarians may have gone too pale/not vibrant enough like the Citizens. I hate the Labour grey (but i hate grey generally).
Jammy Duel
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Bailey14)
By the looks of it
Is it the half that promises to nationalise everything and this is secretly a ploy to say the privatised Royal Mail is trying to undermine the Corbynite revolution your leader desires?
JMR2020.
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
The Conservative Party wants more death and prolonged misery by ruling out a lockdown.
The Labour Party will bring you a near normal festive period and save Christmas with a short, sharp lockdown upon entering government.

The Conservative Party aims to help the top 10% of students rather than EVERY student like the Labour Party does.

The Conservative Party hopes to facilitate hate speech on campuses under the guise of free speech. The Labour Party will stand will all minorities.

The Conservative Party aims to reduce the rights of the working class and their right to organise.
Labour will always stand for strong trade unions.

The Conservative Party seeks to repeal human rights legislation.
Labour will always protect human rights.
The choice couldn’t be starker - Tories out, Labour in.
Last edited by JMR2020.; 4 weeks ago
Andrew97
Rep:
?
Formatting and Labour manifesto fixed.
Connor27
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
What the **** is that libertarian manifesto?

Otherwise: reserved
El Salvador
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Vote Tory!
Jammy Duel
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
It looks like nobody proofread the Labour manifesto:

"Introduction on citizen assemblies"
"reintroduction maintenance grants pay for this by"

It also generally seems like something written by somebody with little grip on reality and is just a hard left wishlist than cares not for practicality.
04MR17
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Jammy Duel)
It looks like nobody proofread the Labour manifesto
Speaking of proofreading, what do the Libertarian's call "Building a" and does it precede "Building b" or "Building c" ?
Jammy Duel
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by 04MR17)
Speaking of proofreading, what do the Libertarian's call "Building a" and does it precede "Building b" or "Building c" ?
Not only did Andrew somehow forget to include half the Labour manifesto but he also used the wrong version of our manifesto.
Connor27
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Only the Conservative Party is standing up for the working class normal people of this country on cultural issues:

While we want to get immigration under control, putting illegal aliens off the streets and into detention centres; the Liberal Democrats want to open the floodgates and let third world people into the country who do not understand our culture and do not share our values.

While we will protect the public by locking terrorists up for LIFE; the Citizens want to let murderers back onto your streets by ABOLISHING the mandatory sentence.

While we are fighting left wing indoctrination and cultural subversion on campuses; Labour turns away with glee at the thought of Britain’s history and culture being abolished in favour of a communist neo-Marxist dystopia.

And while we stand up for free speech and the right for everyone to air their opinion without fear of reprisal or being shut down; the Libertarian Party is radio silent and prefers to use their manifesto to launch cheap petty personal shots at the Chancellor.

There is only one choice,
Vote Blue no matter who!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (643)
33.47%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (814)
42.37%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (378)
19.68%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (86)
4.48%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed