The Student Room Group

Study a year abroad??

Hiii,

So I’m planning to go to university next year and the courses i was looking into includes a year abroad but idek how itll work... not just with covid going around (cause the year abroad will be after three years) but how will it work with the uni? Does student finance sort it out or is it meant to be self funded?

Thanks in advance🥺
Reply 1
Different unis have different systems but i think you do get funding from student finance, and then you just choose which modules you'd like to study whilst abroad and then attend the relevant lectures/classes. Best option is always to ask the unis directly though because it can vary quite a bit
Reply 2
You still receive your normal maintenance loan for an exchange year. Beyond that, it'll have to be self-funded, but there are usually grants of some sort available, or scholarships, which can help.

You won't need to pay for tuition at the international university, and (currently) only need to pay 15% of your normal tuition fee (possibly also covered by student finance?) to your UK university for that year.

Quick Reply

Latest