how to learn arabic

Watch
csmh1912
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
how do I learn Arabic? I'm half Arab and never got taught it as my Arab parent works all the time and never got the chance. pleaseee help!! gulf dialect !!
MaryamKH
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Heyyy loll sorry I’m not sure about where to learn Arabic, becoz I’m half Arab too but I know Arabic and can speak it and write it fluently. I heard of duolingo but idk if it’s any good, maybe try a paid online course if u rlly wanna do it xx

Or just with someone Arab u know u accly learn a lot by just talking to them
Last edited by MaryamKH; 4 weeks ago
csmh1912
Rep:
?
(Original post by MaryamKH)
Heyyy loll sorry I’m not sure about where to learn Arabic, becoz I’m half Arab too but I know Arabic and can speak it and write it fluently. I heard of duolingo but idk if it’s any good, maybe try a paid online course if u rlly wanna do it xx

Or just with someone Arab u know u accly learn a lot by just talking to them
I would but I don't know anyone Arab, I have no contact with any relatives from my parents sooo yea :// I tried Duolingo but idk if it's good cus someone said it's too formal
username5453486
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Hi.. i speak fluent Arabic.
Maybe try a website called 'Memrise' i used it to learn Spanish at gcse and it was great. I would also advise that you read and watch loads of arabic books/movies! Theres so much on the internet.
csmh1912
Rep:
?
(Original post by Nono2003)
Hi.. i speak fluent Arabic.
Maybe try a website called 'Memrise' i used it to learn Spanish at gcse and it was great. I would also advise that you read and watch loads of arabic books/movies! Theres so much on the internet.
okay thanks! does it matter if I mix up the dialects though? and alsoooo... imma struggle a lot with writing/reading mostly. what should I do about that?
username5453486
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by csmh1912)
okay thanks! does it matter if I mix up the dialects though? and alsoooo... imma struggle a lot with writing/reading mostly. what should I do about that?
No worries! Ooohhh im not too sure about dialects tbh, i would assume that you could possibly get mixed up.. maybe learn arabic fus•ha first? I would do that because its Arabic that everyone can understand. The issue with dialects is that people from different places name things differently. In terms of writing start of with learning the alphabet, do lots of exam questions involving essays (you could find these on edexcel website) i would start off with gcse first because a level would be too hard. With reading maybe listen to the quran and follow along?
csmh1912
Rep:
?
(Original post by Nono2003)
No worries! Ooohhh im not too sure about dialects tbh, i would assume that you could possibly get mixed up.. maybe learn arabic fus•ha first? I would do that because its Arabic that everyone can understand. The issue with dialects is that people from different places name things differently. In terms of writing start of with learning the alphabet, do lots of exam questions involving essays (you could find these on edexcel website) i would start off with gcse first because a level would be too hard. With reading maybe listen to the quran and follow along?
oh yeah I thought about that! and you're right. thanks. idk I'm not Muslim so I don't really think that's right imo. thanks though!! I'll look for some songs/movies/books. ) that's very kind of you
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (61)
27.6%
No - I have already returned home (25)
11.31%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (50)
22.62%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (21)
9.5%
No - I live at home during term anyway (64)
28.96%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed