ellm4e
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
Hi guys!

I’m not actually at sixth form or education anymore, but applying to uni for next september entry.
I’ve written my first draft personal statement, and would like to get it checked over - but obviously don’t want to send it to any random people online who could post it and make it look plagiarised.
What do?!

Thanks!
mary388
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Maybe get your friends and family to read it over? Or try and find someone who is doing the course you want to do too and message them?
Geraldthegoat
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Just read over it yourself again, maybe ask others to read your personal statement, make sure you have included all the right info, look at other personal statements to help u.
laurawatt
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by ellm4e)
Hi guys!

I’m not actually at sixth form or education anymore, but applying to uni for next september entry.
I’ve written my first draft personal statement, and would like to get it checked over - but obviously don’t want to send it to any random people online who could post it and make it look plagiarised.
What do?!

Thanks!
Hi! TSR have a personal statement checking service in a private forum so no one else can see it - have a read about it here https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho....php?t=4237154
University of Portsmouth Student Rep
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by ellm4e)
Hi guys!

What do?!

Thanks!
Hiya!

We have an "ask me anything" thread running today by our Student Recruitment team who can help answer any of your personal statement questions!

This is the link- https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho...8#post91660288.

Hope that they can help you

Also, I would recommend asking your friends and family to read over it as they can spot any grammatical or spelling errors that you may have missed!

Sam- Official Student Rep
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (595)
33.96%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (729)
41.61%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (349)
19.92%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (79)
4.51%

Watched Threads