subhan-7
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
i feel like my life is ruined

i barely have any friends and none of the few i have feel like real friends
my eyesight is probably the worst for someone that is only 16 its -8 and my other eye is blind
im 5 foot 1 despite being 16
i have already lost 2 adult teeth
i get mocked by nearly everyone in school
i have never gone out with friends ever
i have ocd

i feel like im useless and i have wasted my life i am not proud of anything about myself
tinygirl96
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Are you seeing a therapist?
Anonymous #1
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by subhan-7)
i feel like my life is ruined

i barely have any friends and none of the few i have feel like real friends
my eyesight is probably the worst for someone that is only 16 its -8 and my other eye is blind
im 5 foot 1 despite being 16
i have already lost 2 adult teeth
i get mocked by nearly everyone in school
i have never gone out with friends ever
i have ocd

i feel like im useless and i have wasted my life i am not proud of anything about myself
You need to speak to a GP or mental health professional you may need therapy, that should be your first port of call.

But hear me out here.

Depression and anxiety can be caused by multiple factors, 2 of the main things are
1. A traumatic past event that causes PTSD or recurring mental health problems
2. Not being happy with your stature in life, your position, your health etc.

To me, it sounds like your not happy with your current state, where you are in life. This can be fixed, It's not easy, in fact, it will be the hardest journey you ever undertake in your entire life.

I want you to go to the mirror, look at yourself, and tell yourself everything that you don't like about yourself, I want you to stand there and list every single negative aspect of your looks, your health both mental and physical, your current education level, your current and future prospects, your current relationships either romantic, friends or family, EVERYTHING.

Once you have this completed list of all the things you want to change, I want you to write it down somewhere and prioritise it, I.E put the list in an order where you will slowly tackle one thing at a time.

Once you have this written down, you can make a plan of action. Life is all about working on yourself to become the best version of you that you can, and along that journey, you will transform yourself into someone who makes yourself proud.

All of that negativity that you get from everyone around you, I want you to use that, that negativity, that pain is the greatest fuel source for motivation to slingshot you into a better life.

This may sound harsh, but you need to stop blaming all of your problems on others and the hand you've been dealt, it gets you NOWHERE, only you can improve your life, do you understand me? only you can change your future. You just have to be willing to have that honest conversation in that accountability mirror and take the first steps to a better life.

You mentioned about wasting your life and that your 16, Brother I'm 30 years old, I spent the last 17 years of my life in a suicidally depressed state, I carried around a suicide note in my wallet everywhere I went just in case, If I can turn my life around, and go from that, to being the absolute beacon of happiness that I am today, to go from being the most negative person you could ever meet, to being one of the most positive, then so can you, you just have to be willing to make a change.

My suggestions to form a better life, I want you to google/youtube each one of these and look this stuff up, some of this stuff will change your life massively both physically and mentally

Diet, Exercise(at your age you should be doing cardio and callisthenics), Correct circadian rhythm, Nofap, Mewing(you should really be doing this now, google it), Yoga, Meditation, Cold showers.

The power is in your hands.

"There was a moment when I used to blame everything and everyone for all the pain and suffering and vile things that happened to me, that I saw happen to my people. Used to blame everybody. Blamed society, blamed God. I didn't get any answers 'cause I was asking the wrong questions. You have to ask the right questions."
"Like what?"
"Has anything you've done made your life better?"
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (64)
27.71%
No - I have already returned home (25)
10.82%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (50)
21.65%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (22)
9.52%
No - I live at home during term anyway (70)
30.3%

Watched Threads