The Student Room Group

Can't decide what to send to Cambridge

Long story short, I applied for English at Queens' and they want two pieces of work. They said they should be as recent as possible, and that at least one should be handwritten and timed.

Because of COVID, all of my recent practice questions were done on Google Docs. I could either send them an old one that doesn't seem to represent my work these days, or I could possibly send them the practice I did for my ELAT as that's the only recent hand-written thing I have? I suppose I could write something from scratch but I have a lot on my plate at the minute and so I'd prefer to avoid this if possible.

Do you think the ELAT practice would be acceptable? I'm worried about doing this wrong. My other piece of work would probably be a typed assessment I've done recently.
Ask a teacher at school or careers advisor what they would recommend! Chances are this isn’t the first time the will have dealt with this issue
Reply 2
Perhaps convert one of your best google docs to a word doc and send that along with and old one. I think they want things from your course so it would be safer to do that.
Original post by rosacherry
Ask a teacher at school or careers advisor what they would recommend! Chances are this isn’t the first time the will have dealt with this issue

Yeah you're probably right haha. I don't want to bother them too much as I know my English teachers like to be away from screens, especially during half-term, but this is quite important to be fair.
Original post by NY3
Perhaps convert one of your best google docs to a word doc and send that along with and old one. I think they want things from your course so it would be safer to do that.

Yeah that might work :smile:

Thank you so much for your advice!
Reply 5
Original post by ashtolga23
Yeah that might work :smile:

Thank you so much for your advice!

No problem. Happy to help :smile:

Quick Reply